Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: FLHRSEI Problems  (Read 9074 times)

cocacolaalan

FLHRSEI Problems
« on: June 01, 2003, 10:15:27 PM »

Has anyone had any problems with your 2002 FLHRSEI? My voltage requlator went out at 1,200 miles. Primary leaked at 1,434 miles. Front fender clear coat peeled at 2,234. Transmission leaked at 2,456. Chrome bubbled on outer primary at 2,987 miles. Chrome bubbled on after lifter block at 3,123 miles. Today (4.567 miles) my engine light came on. Harley has been great about fixing everything execpt the peeling front fender. My dealer had to send digital pictures to HD and they finally fixed it.
                                                          Al

mfgreen

Re: FLHRSEI Problems
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2003, 10:27:17 AM »

Has anyone had any problems with your 2002 FLHRSEI? My voltage requlator went out at 1,200 miles. Primary leaked at 1,434 miles. Front fender clear coat peeled at 2,234. Transmission leaked at 2,456. Chrome bubbled on outer primary at 2,987 miles. Chrome bubbled on after lifter block at 3,123 miles. Today (4.567 miles) my engine light came on. Harley has been great about fixing everything execpt the peeling front fender. My dealer had to send digital pictures to HD and they finally fixed it.

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2003, 12:59:34 PM »

the only problem ive had was chipped chrome on the tank panel, i showed it to the dealer and it was replaced,

welcome to the site
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

IndySE

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2003, 11:53:27 PM »

Very minor fit/finish issues I have noticed is the small chrome piece that is located where the lid lips under, it came loose from the lid.  It looks like it should be rivited but seems to only be glued on.  So I super glued it back on.  There is a crack on the rubber cover over what would be he passing light switch and other rubber pieces seem to be cracking - like where the wind shield mounts.  Front brakes have always made too much noise also.  But nothing serious, thank God - but then again I just turned 2,000 miles. Purchased bike late last year and the season is just starting..

ashcraft

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2003, 09:55:26 AM »

Have a 2K2 SERK with 6000m. Noticed the brake hand lever is slowly getting closer to the handlebar before I have any front brakes. There are no leaks, and the local H-D dealer says it is a function of the dual disc brake pads wearing down.  Examined and measured them and they are still well above 1/8" thick top and bottom. Someone suggested it might need a rebuild of the master cylinder [weak return spring.] Any ideas, and has anybody else seen this problem.
Haven't seen this before on my last bikes with dual discs.
2K2 SERK, purple
2K3 FF Electra-glide Classic

TURK

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2003, 10:46:55 AM »

ashcraft,
Yesterday I turned 900 miles with my bike. I remembered your post and made a point to check the brake lever before I got home. It is as stiff as it was the day I got the bike. I drove the 900 miles in city streets and up and down the hills trying to stay at places I could drive at 55 mph and below. The brakes got used plenty.
In spite of my ample use of the brakes there is no noticeable brake lever travel. It must be something else, not brake pads wearing down. Not with the few miles you have on your bike.

TURK
« Last Edit: September 14, 2003, 01:17:44 AM by TURK »

greglyon

• 1K CVO Member
  • 2013 FLHRSE5
    • AZ

• CVO1: FLHRSE5
    • Phillips and Lyon LLC
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2003, 02:26:19 PM »

I have a 2003 SERK and have noticed from day 1 a white chalky material appears on anything left in the saddlebags.  I assume it has something to do with the fiberglass process,  but I am not sure.  Anyone else having this problem and more importantly,  what is the fix.
Thanks
Greg  
"A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory"

SERK103

• Full CVO Member
  • ride it like you stole it !!
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2003, 08:20:04 PM »

IROAR===that is the fiberglass inside "rubbing away". the fix is too cover any and all sharp, metal, plastic objects/  secure properly as well.
stock for now

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2003, 08:29:23 PM »

IROAR, did you get liner bags with the bike? they came with the 02's helps keep anything from rubbing directly against the fiberglass
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

greglyon

• 1K CVO Member
  • 2013 FLHRSE5
    • AZ

• Phillips and Lyon LLC
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2003, 06:31:58 PM »

I guess the 2003 SERK is a genuine Harley.  Mine has been in the shop as a result of oil leaks.  The oil cooler for the 2nd time started leaking at the hose connection, the primary cover is leaking,  and there has been some oil around the air filter.   I have around 7k miles on the bike and started using the sync 3 at 5k.  Anyone else having these problems ???
Thanks in advance

stroker

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2003, 10:32:58 AM »

Hey IROAR....after reading your post on oil leaks I went out and checked underneath my SERK and sure enough there was Harley-Blood on the floor.  I have made an appointment to have it taken care of.  It's obviously under warranty, so they will take care of the problem.  It just irkes you to spend what we do on bikes and have these issues.  

STROKER

greglyon

• 1K CVO Member
  • 2013 FLHRSE5
    • AZ

• Phillips and Lyon LLC
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2003, 11:27:05 AM »

This is a continuation of my last post which discussed oil leaks.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2003, 03:56:25 PM by GregLyon »

jbserk

• More Power
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2003, 11:49:29 AM »

Anybody else have an offset fuel tank.  My tank is about 1/4 inch off to the right.  Been through normal customer support and then through HDs monthly evaluation board.  Denied my claim, even with pictures.  Say that it's within HD tolerances!!!  Alot of reasons to be pxxxed but the main ones are:  1) a bike of this value shouldn't have fitment problems at all AND when I'm cruising and look down at tach or speedo, and see the offset, I tend to lean left to compensate (kind of a subconsious equlibrium thing).  What can I do [smiley=nervous.gif] to get what I paid for?

Of course, when I purchased the bike, the excitement and glisten of the gold paint completely distracted me from this kind of detail...

Thanks.

Shadow

• Harleys Rule!
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2003, 01:14:27 AM »

jbserk,

I have noticed the tank offset on my 2003 serk.  I walked around my bike several times trying to figure out whether it was supposed to be that way.  I have thought about the offset occasionally since, but never thought to make mention of this to the dealer.  I am now a little more disturbed about this.

Another complaint that I have is that I am also rubbing the chrome off the air cleaner cover while riding.  The air cleaner is right where my right thigh normally rests.  I did not have this problem on the FXDL I had before this.   I am going to take this into the dealer to get fixed.  The problem showed up at about 1200 miles.

Shadow
'03 FLHRSEI2
Hooker Slip-ons
SE EFI Chip Upgrade
SE High Flow Air Kit
Kuryakyn Switchblade Highway Footpegs
Kuryakyn Longhorn Offsets
Passenger Chrome Footboards
Chopped Tour-Pak w/ Quick R

jbserk

• More Power
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2003, 06:42:28 AM »

Please let me know the outcome.  I was denied saying that it was within HD manufacturing tolerances.  Clearly they don't establish their threshold and tolerances on a Quality Plan that's based on customer satisfaction.

By the way...  it is NOT supposed to be that way and it isn't part of a design to offset.  Look at other Road Kings.

Cheers.
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.168 seconds with 21 queries.