Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Author Topic: My New SERK  (Read 4289 times)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
Re: My New SERK
« Reply #30 on: November 23, 2006, 10:53:28 AM »

The fender on the '07 SERK is definately wider. The docking kit PN53988-07 is definately for an '07 SERK. Catalog say it's for the detachable tour-pak rack. I was told that it's for the 2-up luggage rack as well. RFB says that the rack mounts to the docking kit ok but doesn't mount to the tour-pak. Am I getting this right? You might have to use the new leather tour-pak that matches the '07 SERK, PN 53057-07, but I don't know why that would matter. I matched my old 2-up luggage rack, PN53743-97, to the new SERK at the dealer and it definately clears the new, wider fender. I'm assuming that the new docking kit now accounts for the wider fender with less spacers in it, but still lines up with the width of the luggage rack mounting points. The luggage rack should fit since no tour-pak will be mounted on it. I'm not sure why the tour-pak won't mount to the detachable luggage rack as stated in the catalog. RFB, please keep us posted on what the dealer did to fix this. Hoist!
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

pushrod

« Reply #31 on: November 23, 2006, 11:22:57 AM »

Does anyone have a picture of how the docking hardware looks on the bike?  I am interested in knowing whether the kit comes with replacement grommets for those ugly black rubber things that occupy the middle of the saddlebag filler strips.

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #32 on: November 23, 2006, 11:31:09 AM »

The triangle shaped sections of the docking kit go through the holes left when you remove those ugly black things you're referring to.

B B

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #33 on: November 23, 2006, 11:33:54 AM »

That's good to know. I was wondering what those "ugly black things" were for, as I have the docking kit but don't have the bike yet. Hoist!

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

pushrod

« Reply #34 on: November 23, 2006, 11:54:13 AM »

I know what the ugly black things are for.  What I am wondering is whether the docking kit comes with rubber grommets to replace them when the docking kit is installed.  The Street Glide comes with similar filler strips.  The radio antenna passes through the left side filler strip. The hole in the filler strip has a rubber grommet that goes around the edge of the hole so you are not looking at a bare plastic hole.  I am curious about whether a grommet like that goes around the edge of the hole when the docking kit is installed.

redfatboy

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #35 on: November 24, 2006, 11:58:13 AM »

was just at dealer.  no grommets (you could cut center out of plugs and use them) I opted not to.  they made the mounting bracket work.  they removed the catches from the inside of the bracket and put them on the outside. they are mounting tourpack right now.I'm going back at 1pm to pick her up. outside temp should be at least 50 by then. will post pics asap.  Dennis(harleyteam)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #36 on: November 24, 2006, 12:11:44 PM »

RFB, would you mind confirming that they used the '07 docking kit I mentioned above with the detachable tour-pak rack for this and just modified the mounting of the tour-pak on that rack, or if other parts and/or changes were required. Thanks, Hoist

Screamin_Beagle

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #37 on: November 24, 2006, 12:51:44 PM »

Ghost,
    That's the balls.....nice freakin ride.  BTW,  has anyone told you the the red ones are the fastest??  Well,  just so you know....they are!  Enjoy the ride.......great choice!!

_Beagle [smiley=cherry.gif]
What ever it is that somebody did that you didn't want done.....................I either did it or had something to do with it!!!

owenja

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #38 on: November 24, 2006, 06:36:58 PM »

My new 07 Razor Red SERK arrived at the dealership today!!!  Everything is in except the Rinehart duals.  I should be able to pick it up on Monday (40's and rain forcasted) later in the week 20's and snow.  Oh well at least it's hear and no longer just a dream.  I helped the dealer take it out of the box this afternoon.  I'll have info on the tour pack rack for those that are interested next week.

Has anyone put the relocation kit for the turn signals on without the running lights?  If so please post pics if you have them.  Thanks!!!

Jim

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #39 on: November 25, 2006, 12:20:42 AM »

Dye my hair blonde, I just noticed the frames are paint matched again. 3 years of black frames and now they're back. Cool. Haven't see a pic in which I can tell if they stitched flames into the seat to match the top of the saddlebags. Did they ?

B B

owenja

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #40 on: November 25, 2006, 01:17:31 AM »

There are flames on the seat but they are not stiched.  They are embossed or something.....I think it looks great and can't wait to pick mine up on Monday.

harleyteam

• 1K CVO Member
  • RED BIKES RULE

• CVO1: 07 SERK - Razor Red
    • CVO2: 90 Heritage Classic (non cvo)
    • CVO3: 75 XLCH (non cvo)
« Reply #41 on: November 26, 2006, 10:32:13 PM »

Finally got my own pc back.
Hoist,
« Last Edit: November 26, 2006, 10:35:44 PM by harleyteam »

HA, HA, HA,  ,,,,, I LIKE IT !!!!!!!

life member - National HOG - NRA - NY Abate
member -CVOHarley - Nia. Falls Chapter HOG
              Red Knights NY21 - PGR

harleyteam

• 1K CVO Member
  • RED BIKES RULE

« Reply #42 on: November 26, 2006, 10:33:43 PM »

can't seem to get more then one at a time

Red Knights NY21 - PGR

harleyteam

• 1K CVO Member
  • RED BIKES RULE

« Reply #43 on: November 26, 2006, 10:34:49 PM »

here is mine and the wifes

Red Knights NY21 - PGR

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #44 on: November 26, 2006, 10:39:46 PM »

can't seem to get more then one at a time
Nothing you are doing wrong. You can only attach one picture at a time. [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Page created in 0.181 seconds with 21 queries.