Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 22

Author Topic: Photos Of FXR2's FXR3's & FXR4's  (Read 124315 times)

63SSRagtop

• Junior CVO Member
Re: Photos Of FXR2's FXR3's & FXR4's
« Reply #75 on: June 01, 2008, 11:50:03 AM »

Good info across the board, i'm definitely going to ride her as often as I can (my official commuter vehicle now with gas the way it is  ;D )

Your right as rain about people not knowing what an FXR3 is..  I always follow after the description of its the predecessor to the dyna family, then get the Ahhh okay look...

I'm curious about forward controls, soft bags and seats, most vendors don't list and FXR3 as a fitment, i email email em and get the shoulder shrug..  Is it safe to assume that if they'd fit either a 1999 dyna or 1999 softail that they will also fit the FXR3?

« Last Edit: June 01, 2008, 11:37:09 PM by 63SSRagtop »

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #76 on: June 01, 2008, 03:58:13 PM »

You've never lived through a central IL spring have you? :huepfenlol2:  That and 60-80 hrs/wk at work and the number of zeros is correct. :(

Does 44 Maine winters (and springs) count ?  :huepfenjump3:

B B

RedFXR2

« Reply #77 on: June 01, 2008, 08:47:12 PM »

I'm curious about forward controls, soft bags and seats, most vendors don't list an FXR3 as a fitment, i email email em and get the shoulder shrug..  Is it safe to assume that if they'd fit either a 1999 dyna or 1999 softail that they will also fit the FXR3?

The short answer to your question is "no".  Most controls, seats and saddlebags for a Softail or Dyna of the same year will not fit your FXR.  Remember, I said "most".  I know that some early Dyna exhausts will fit our FXR's.  I'm sure that there are other exceptions.

Look for stuff that fits a late a model FXLR or FXRS.  Early 1990's to end of production in 1994.  Most of that will fit.  Your seat uses the tongue and thumbscrew mount instead of the flip-up hinge found on some production FXR's.  Forward controls need to fit production FXR's.  They're out there, just a bit hard to find.  I have a pair of soft saddlebags--HD "Latigo" models that use chrome support brackets that attach to the bike.  Frankly, I'd shop for something else like T-Bags stuff or others.  The Latigo bags don't hold much and don't look too great either.

FXR2evo99

• Elite CVO Member
  • LET IT BREATHHHHEEEE BABY LET IT BREATHEEEE
« Reply #78 on: June 01, 2008, 09:36:55 PM »

oppps, I appologize you are absolutely correct.....I didn't see that light green typing in the black background at the top....

Regards,

"FXR2evo99

FXR2evo99

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #79 on: June 01, 2008, 09:55:05 PM »

The interesting aspect about the seat....kind of funny is....the FXR2 comes with an HD badlander seat.....I wanted something better....lol what did I put on...lol yep the FXR3 "stock" seat...I really like it....in fact today I was on the bike for a couple hour run up "Poudre Canyon" (FXR2, that's the canyon that takes one over to Walden and then Steamboat  :2vrolijk_21:) So...I was just focusing on the seat today and how much I like it.....I don't run the "badlander" often at all....I fell in "love" with the FXR3 seat and my world is "great"!!!!  :orange:

Ragtop....just keep asking questions like you are doing......and all of us will help you out.....you pretty much like FXR2 stated realize that anything you put on your FXR3 needs to be "bike specific" meaning when you are looking at parts for your bike just make sure they say will fit up to a 1994 FXR....and if it fits a 1994 FXR it will fit your 1999 FXR3. I must state this however, because I do own a 2002 Road King Classic....there are some engine parts that cross over to the twin cam as well....ie: outer primary and some other things in there as well....SOOOOOOO just when I say the parts for an FXR2 are bike specific to an FXR....one must hold their horses.....lol....that's why it's great to have a part's manual as well as the Service Manual, like you will soon be acquiring......

FXR2 I was thinking of you today as I was carving the canyon.....went up around 5:30pm when all the traffic was coming down I was going up lol....the Poudre River is running fast and full right now........

Ragtop when you decide on whether down the road whether you will put a cam in or a different air filter or different pipes or different handlebars....or different etc....just ask I have a fairly extension part's list....which you can draw from to make your own decisions.....Speaking of handlebars....how do you like those "narrow" stock handlebars....which are only 28" wide.....I have a thread on page 2 that talks about a handle bar change.....cost was approximately $220.00.....

I do have a buddy that is running a specific HD bar that I could get the part number for that is only an inch less wider than what I am running and I don't think he had to change any cables so it was just the price of the HD handlebar which I believe is around $60.00.  If you look above at the photos when you see my FXR2 with his emearld green FXR3 like yours, he is running that bar in that photo.  My bike was so new at the time nothing was yet done to it and so stock handlebars were on mine as well....Believe it or not the "1" inch wider to me and the added expense was because I own a 2002 Road King Classic also....and last summer I put on a 10" high baby ape handle bar which is 36" wide....so when I found myself switching over to ride the FXR2 (at the time I had 30" 2003 Dyna Low Rider Bars) there was just way too much difference in terms of one bar to the other in terms of width....so I wanted to go as wide as possible on the FXR2 without going to a "beach bar" or ape hangers as well.....so I found a "Flanders" bar that is 32 1/4" wide, which I felt would put me the closest to the width of the road king bar....anyway it has made a noted difference....I like the "wider" bars for leverage in "twisties" / "canyons" and large sweeping curves....

Regards,

"Classic"

« Last Edit: June 01, 2008, 10:10:21 PM by FXR2evo99 »

RedFXR2

« Reply #80 on: June 02, 2008, 07:48:37 AM »

...the FXR2 comes with an HD badlander seat.....I wanted something better....lol what did I put on...lol yep the FXR3 "stock" seat...

SAme here.  I haven't had the Badlander on since acquiring the FXR3 seat.

...in fact today I was on the bike for a couple hour run up "Poudre Canyon" (FXR2, that's the canyon that takes one over to Walden and then Steamboat  :2vrolijk_21:)

FXR2 I was thinking of you today as I was carving the canyon.....went up around 5:30pm when all the traffic was coming down I was going up lol....the Poudre River is running fast and full right now........

OK, where's the emoticon for "jealous"?  You're riding Poudre Canyon and I talked myself out of riding yesterday due to the heat.  Arrgh. ;D

I've driven that road several times on four wheels, but never on two. :bigcry:

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #81 on: June 06, 2008, 06:46:24 PM »

Yowsa, here is one with only 18 miles on it! Never been registered.. you cant get any more low mileage than that!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Harley-Davidson-Dyna-FXR-FXR3-NEW-1999-Harley-Davidson-FXR3_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ49993QQihZ011QQitemZ320258470929QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Hmmm, very odd things have happened with that listing. :nervous: :nixweiss: :confused5:

63SSRagtop

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #82 on: June 07, 2008, 11:16:29 PM »

Yeah i hit him up about why he was running two auctions, now both have been nuked?  :nixweiss:

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #83 on: June 08, 2008, 12:37:27 PM »

Yeah i hit him up about why he was running two auctions, now both have been nuked?  :nixweiss:

Just checking out your sitename dude

So tell us about your 63 Impala

B B

RedFXR2

« Reply #84 on: June 08, 2008, 01:10:41 PM »

Just checking out your sitename dude

So tell us about your 63 Impala

B B

Allow me.  It's not an Impala.  From the "New Member Intro" page:

Yup, yup, but not sure if I'll have any time to work on the SS till I put the bike up for winter.. :) It's got a ford 9 inch, a heidts mustang II front clip, disc brakes all the way around and a 93 Fuel injected LT1 (camaro/vette motor) going together as we speak....

http://home.comcast.net/~shannoncarr/ssragtop.html

63SSRagtop

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #85 on: June 08, 2008, 02:08:58 PM »

:) Yup, its a box Nova, first gen deuce, goes by a lot of names.. Mistaken for an impala is way betta than folks who swear its a Falcon..  :)

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #86 on: June 08, 2008, 03:17:42 PM »

:) Yup, its a box Nova, first gen deuce, goes by a lot of names.. Mistaken for an impala is way betta than folks who swear its a Falcon..  :)

My apologies. I didn't know they made an SS Nova till 64. You learn something new every day on this site.

It's gotta be rare especially with the soft top

We get so many new members that I don't peruse that section of the site. My loss I guess.

Anyway, welcome to the site. Cool car   8)

B B

RedFXR2

« Reply #87 on: June 08, 2008, 05:52:42 PM »

This is for the benefit of FXR3 (member),  My FXR2 with the previously installed Khrome Werks AR pipes.

osseobob

• Best handling bike ever made!
« Reply #88 on: June 12, 2008, 01:06:14 PM »

Looking at the picture of the stone cold blue FXR2 with an optional seat and forward controls, Does anyone know what brand and model is this seat? I have a corbin seat seat on mine that I really hate and think this seat looks good and would be comfortable for my wife's butt as well. by the way anyone looking to buy a seat from corbin beware as I had to modify mine in order to get it to fit the bike and they were xsses when I contacted them for help. not to mention that they waited a whole year minus one day to charge my bank which almost cost me dearly. anyway if someone knows this seat or can reccomend a good seat for this bike which will make my wife's butt happy would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks Bob

FXR2evo99

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #89 on: June 14, 2008, 12:36:25 AM »

osseobob......

if you are referring to post # 17, that appears as a mustang seat to me....just because of the shape....however I am not certan of that...but that would be my guess....

Here is the website of Mustang click and see if you might agree:

http://www.mustangseats.com/fxr/fxr.shtml

Mustang "Vintage Seat"  Part # 75743 when you click on the above you will be able to see the seat on a bike as well....and from the angles provided it appears that this would be the seat....Mustang also has a couple of other seats which you might find comfortable for a passenger as well.

Hopefully this is helpful to you.

Regards,

FXR2evo99
« Last Edit: June 14, 2008, 12:40:03 AM by FXR2evo99 »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 22

Page created in 0.208 seconds with 22 queries.