Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 22

Author Topic: Photos Of FXR2's FXR3's & FXR4's  (Read 124306 times)

FXR2evo99

• Elite CVO Member
  • LET IT BREATHHHHEEEE BABY LET IT BREATHEEEE
Re: Photos Of FXR2's FXR3's & FXR4's
« Reply #165 on: August 10, 2008, 01:12:40 AM »

mikey....

I thought this particular photo brought out the richness of the tangerine so well I had to repost it....just to see it again....that photo captures the "essence" of the color perfectly....it's VERY STRIKING!!!!!!!!!! 

So you mentioned only finding out about this "forum" last weekend, so, how did you find "us" here at the CVO forum????

Thanks for sharing photos and your story....and as Blaine mentioned would love to see a close up of those front "paddles" they look compfy.....

I want my bike to be on the Blue Ridge Mountain Parkway....thanks for posting that photo too!!!

To everyone:

You know we all talked about getting together for a 10 year anniversary of these CVO FXR bikes.......Nashville seems to be such a beautiful area of the US wouldn't it be fun to make that a meeting place potentially....giving everyone a  slight "trip" so us guys out west are just a wee bit closer....just an idea....everytime I see people post photos of the Blue Ridge Parkway I want to put my bike on there....so I am collecting folks photographs just to present that "positive" mental image....lol

I might be able to get my buddy who has the FXR3 to jump into a trip somewhere next summer for us all to meet.....anyway.....just a thought....

ANOTHER FXR3 PART NUMBER QUESTION FOR BRIAN:

I have been seeing enough photos now of all of the FXR3's which because you all had the FXR3 seat as stock were provided a slightly higher Sissy Bar "Rail" while the pad remains the same for the FXR2 I believe....so perhaps the FXR3 and the FXR4 because of the FXR4's seat also being a bit higher....perhaps you guys also have the slightly higher "Sissy Bar Rail" as the same part number....anyway....I was wondering if you wouldn't mind passing along that part number as well to me....I actually run the FXR3 seat, and would like to know the part number for that railing....When I run my rack and round duffle bag on the back then I use another slightly higher Sissy Bar Railing with a different sissy bar back rest on it....but for those typical days of riding I might like to have the slightly higher look of the FXR3 OEM SISSY BAR RAILING.....

Thanks....

Regards,

Tim
« Last Edit: August 10, 2008, 01:22:16 AM by FXR2evo99 »

RedFXR2

« Reply #166 on: August 10, 2008, 08:43:24 AM »

Mikey, that orange seat piping looks great along with your paint job.  Good choice. :2vrolijk_21:

About your proposed engine mods.  You're going to end up with something similar to what I did, and you're going to be amazed at the difference.  It will really transform your motor and therefore the bike in general.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2008, 08:45:28 AM by RedFXR2 »

fxr4mikey

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #167 on: August 10, 2008, 09:18:54 AM »

mikey....

I thought this particular photo brought out the richness of the tangerine so well I had to repost it....just to see it again....that photo captures the "essence" of the color perfectly....it's VERY STRIKING!!!!!!!!!! 
THANK YOU for the nice words on my bike !
If you've seen other pictures of the Candy Tangerine you know that in photos it often (most of the time) is very washed out.  Most of my own pictures wash out, can be very frustrating when you think you have a great setting for the pic and the color just turns sorta pink... oh well

So you mentioned only finding out about this "forum" last weekend, so, how did you find "us" here at the CVO forum????
Yes, a buddy that I ride with who lives over in the Atlanta area (about 250 miles from here). He rides a RK, TOTALLY AWESOME !!!! and a buddy of his that has a SE 110 Ultra Classic .. with ALL custom paint and BLING .... well they knew that I was being challenged about how to get the rocker boxes off the back cyl. ..... the dude with the SE comes to this site and he told me that there was a group of FXR people and thought that yall might be able to hlep me ..... HE WAS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO RIGHT !!!

I want my bike to be on the Blue Ridge Mountain Parkway....thanks for posting that photo too!!!
Yeah, I can understand that...... I rode it all the way north to the Skyline Drive and then took that all the way to the end !!!!!!!!!!
I camped out on the parkway and spent 3 days going up, and 3 days coming back    GIDDY UP !!!!!!!!!!!!
I am looking forward to my next opportunity to go back !!!!!!!

To everyone:

You know we all talked about getting together for a 10 year anniversary of these CVO FXR bikes.......Nashville seems to be such a beautiful area of the US wouldn't it be fun to make that a meeting place potentially....giving everyone a  slight "trip" so us guys out west are just a wee bit closer....just an idea....everytime I see people post photos of the Blue Ridge Parkway I want to put my bike on there....so I am collecting folks photographs just to present that "positive" mental image....lol

I might be able to get my buddy who has the FXR3 to jump into a trip somewhere next summer for us all to meet.....anyway.....just a thought....
You can count me in !!

ANOTHER FXR3 PART NUMBER QUESTION FOR BRIAN:

I have been seeing enough photos now of all of the FXR3's which because you all had the FXR3 seat as stock were provided a slightly higher Sissy Bar "Rail" while the pad remains the same for the FXR2 I believe....so perhaps the FXR3 and the FXR4 because of the FXR4's seat also being a bit higher....perhaps you guys also have the slightly higher "Sissy Bar Rail" as the same part number....anyway....I was wondering if you wouldn't mind passing along that part number as well to me....I actually run the FXR3 seat, and would like to know the part number for that railing....When I run my rack and round duffle bag on the back then I use another slightly higher Sissy Bar Railing with a different sissy bar back rest on it....but for those typical days of riding I might like to have the slightly higher look of the FXR3 OEM SISSY BAR RAILING.....
I don't have the FXR3 part nos.  but if it helps here are some part nos. for the fxr4
side plate left = 52797-87
side plate right = 52798-87
sissy bar = 52728-95
and you'll need/want the pad and plate mounting for the backrest - here are those part nos.
backrest kit = 52517-94
Thanks....

Regards,

Tim
You're Welcome !!

Mikey
2000 FXR4 Candy Tangerine
The Build -
•   SE Heads w/Cometic .030 gaskets
•   Bob Wood W6 cam
•   Mikuni HSR42 carb
•   Compu-Fire Single Fire Ignition
•   Rivera taper-lite chromolly adjustable push rods
•   Chrome lifter blocks w/HD B lifters
•   Pro-Force One AC and breather kit
•   Vance and Hines straight shots

fxr4mikey

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #168 on: August 10, 2008, 09:21:07 AM »

mikey....

....everytime I see people post photos of the Blue Ridge Parkway I want to put my bike on there....so I am collecting folks photographs just to present that "positive" mental image....lol

I have more pics of the bike on the parkway, and also over in Eureka Springs AR from this past June, if you're interested in seeing them.

Mike
The Build -
•   Bob Wood W6 cam
•   Mikuni HSR42 carb

fxr4mikey

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #169 on: August 10, 2008, 09:24:18 AM »

Mikey, that orange seat piping looks great along with your paint job.  Good choice. :2vrolijk_21:

About your proposed engine mods.  You're going to end up with something similar to what I did, and you're going to be amazed at the difference.  It will really transform your motor and therefore the bike in general.
Thanks !

Yeah, a buddy of mine keeps telling me what a diff these mods will make !  he has done a similar build on his Evo Springer and says the results are in fact an AWAKEN of the Evo engine.....  I'm excited about getting started but am waiting until winter.  Not that we have much of a winter in SC, but a slow down in the riding season  LOL
The Build -
•   Bob Wood W6 cam
•   Mikuni HSR42 carb

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #170 on: August 10, 2008, 10:59:03 AM »

I love how busy this board is! Nothing like a few more guys getting these bikes to light a fire under this Board's ass!!! :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3:

Keep it up gang! And plenty more pics too!  I'll have just the subject soon to try my new camera out on! ;)

Hoist! 8)

Unreal!  I've never logged into this board to see this before! 8 threads with new posts!!!  :shocked2:  :shocked2:  :shocked2:  Keep it up! :huepfenjump3:

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #171 on: August 10, 2008, 11:07:21 AM »

Unreal!  I've never logged into this board to see this before! 8 threads with new posts!!!  :shocked2:  :shocked2:  :shocked2:  Keep it up! :huepfenjump3:

Hehe!!! Yeap, with nothing on the 1st page going back past July, '08 now! We're on a roll here!!! Hell yeah, let's keep it going!!! :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3:

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Classic Beast

• Elite CVO Member
    • BC

• Bob McImages
« Reply #172 on: August 10, 2008, 11:21:21 AM »

The only way I found it was to search for 2009 CVO ultra classic and this site came up.
2012 Road glide ultra 103
DD7 Baker, S&S 570, Fulsac DX, 2"
SE CNC heads 58mm throttle body
95 FLSTN
127" Ultima
DD6 Baker
3 X PM 6 piston calipers
S&S Clutch
Lindal Ceramic discs
RB Black Hole pipe
Thunderstar mags
6 gal tanks
Custom Chrome front end
Rear chain drive
150WW Avon Venom rear tire
2009 Cadillac CTS-V

fxr4mikey

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #173 on: August 10, 2008, 03:03:01 PM »

here she is in the Painted Canyon of ND
The Build -
•   Bob Wood W6 cam
•   Mikuni HSR42 carb

fxr4mikey

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #174 on: August 10, 2008, 03:05:12 PM »

her she is in Muskegon MI waiting to get on the ferry to cross the lake over to Milwaukee
The Build -
•   Bob Wood W6 cam
•   Mikuni HSR42 carb

fxr4mikey

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #175 on: August 10, 2008, 03:05:41 PM »

one more for the ferry
The Build -
•   Bob Wood W6 cam
•   Mikuni HSR42 carb

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #176 on: August 10, 2008, 03:54:01 PM »

here she is in 2007 up on the Blue Ridge Parkway .... I didn't have the corbin saddle at that time .....
BEAUTIFUL ride !!!!!!!!!!

here she is in the Painted Canyon of ND

her she is in Muskegon MI waiting to get on the ferry to cross the lake over to Milwaukee

You're right, the ol' girl sure does make the road trips!  Awesome! :2vrolijk_21:

RedFXR2

« Reply #177 on: August 10, 2008, 08:33:54 PM »

here she is in the Painted Canyon of ND.

I just have to say how great it is to see that some folks don't need a 1000lb bike with 300lbs of fiberglass bodywork and heated seats, heated grips, stereos, and whatever else to travel on a motorcycle.  Seeing your bike reminds me of my youth and my old Triumph.  Except I didn't even have a windsheild.

:2vrolijk_21:

Minglewood

• Junior CVO Member
  • '00 FXR4 (gone); '11 FLTRUSE
« Reply #178 on: August 11, 2008, 03:25:06 AM »

Mikey - seeing your travel pix reminds me of the days I took mine on tour.  Back then it was no problem doing a 500 mile day on my FXR4.  Not autopilot like my Roadglide, but lots of fun.  I agree that you don't need 750 lbs of scoot to go everywhere.  On the other hand . . . (back to the Roadglide forum).  Best two handling bikes Harley made.

fxr4mikey

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #179 on: August 11, 2008, 11:10:38 AM »

Leaving tomorrow for a trip up MI and riding all the way around Lake MI and then back home.
I should log about 4K miles.
I'll take pics and post a few of them when I get back somewhere about 8/25
cya yall when I get back
The Build -
•   Bob Wood W6 cam
•   Mikuni HSR42 carb
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 22

Page created in 0.194 seconds with 21 queries.