Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22

Author Topic: Photos Of FXR2's FXR3's & FXR4's  (Read 124317 times)

Hank Hankerson

Re: Photos Of FXR2's FXR3's & FXR4's
« Reply #300 on: August 29, 2011, 04:12:14 PM »

This pic is of my Dad's bike, one of which I hope to buy from him...maybe next year?  Anyway, everything is for the most part stock with exception of the Samson Rip Saw exhaust and the addition of the detachable windshield.  It needs new grips and endcaps (they were gone when he bought it).  If anyone wants some louder sweet looking pipes, let me know.  They are for sale.

FXR4NUT

« Reply #301 on: September 07, 2011, 12:31:48 PM »

Hi FXR2Evo99,

Hope all is well,

Hey, last time we chatted was back in 2008 when I purchased my Screaming Yellow FXR4 that I just sold a few months ago.

Definitely the Arresting Red FXR2 is the most amazing machine ever produced by the Motor Company.

FXR4NUT

Frisco kid

• 1999 H-D FXR3
« Reply #302 on: September 21, 2011, 05:42:59 PM »

Here's my fxr3.
When I bought it, it was already repainted to black with silver flames.
There is actually a thread here somewhere where some of you guys trashed it pretty good.
Seems others had spotted it on Ebay and the thread was something about is it really a fxr3 since it didn't have original paint.
I am glad I bought it. If it was all original I would have been more reluctant to set it up how it is now.
Today I am super happy with the changes I made.
For comfort I went with the Corbin Gunfighter and 8.5" pullback risers.
Painted it black, and got rid of the funky flame job.
Followed some advice here, and sent my forks to Traxxion for the AK-20 in May 2011, and still got the CVO discount.
Had them raise the front a bit, while they were in there. Got the longer Bi-Tubos (13"). With the discount the decision was easy. Night and day over stock. Found a chrome lower and bought some wilwood 4 pistons and now had dual brakes and no dive ever in that front end.
This site along with fxr section of v-twin forum has been a God send in helping me make most decisions right the 1st time.
I know a lot of you guys won't like my style over the classic looks they came with stock, but I have thought long and hard about what is important to me. Performance, safety, comfort and looks are all equally important. And the combination keeps me smiling weather I am on the bike or see it when I open the garage.
Thats my .02c or closer to $13k now. But that is why I work 6 days a week. 
Live free or die like a rat in a trap.

1999 FXR3
EV27 Cam, Adjustable push rods, S&S Carb, Crane Single-Fire, RB Pipe.

Buy early

• 5k CVO Member
  • My future if I were Benjamin Button

• CVO1: 2001 FXDWG2 Switchblade - The Beast
    • CVO2: 2004 FXSTDSE2 Deuce - Beauty
« Reply #303 on: September 21, 2011, 10:48:25 PM »

Here's my fxr3.
There is actually a thread here somewhere where some of you guys trashed it pretty good.
Seems others had spotted it on Ebay and the thread was something about is it really a fxr3 since it didn't have original paint.
I am glad I bought it. If it was all original I would have been more reluctant to set it up how it is now.
Followed some advice here, and sent my forks to Traxxion for the AK-20 in May 2011, and still got the CVO discount.
Had them raise the front a bit, while they were in there. Got the longer Bi-Tubos (13"). With the discount the decision was easy. Night and day over stock. Found a chrome lower and bought some wilwood 4 pistons and now had dual brakes and no dive ever in that front end.
This site along with fxr section of v-twin forum has been a God send in helping me make most decisions right the 1st time.
I know a lot of you guys won't like my style over the classic looks they came with stock, but I have thought long and hard about what is important to me. Performance, safety, comfort and looks are all equally important. And the combination keeps me smiling weather I am on the bike or see it when I open the garage.

Beautiful bike. Like the mods. It's your bike, do what makes it reflect your personality!

63SSRagtop

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #304 on: September 22, 2011, 02:43:44 AM »

Yeah i dig it, i do recall seeing it with the silver flames on ebay awhile back.. what pipes are you running??

Buy early

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #305 on: September 22, 2011, 08:49:14 AM »

Yeah i dig it, i do recall seeing it with the silver flames on ebay awhile back.. what pipes are you running??

I run V&H Q series on my Wide Glide and stock HD SE pipes on my wife's SE Deuce.

hdfxr3

• Senior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • AL

• CVO1: fxr4 screaming yellow
    • CVO2: fxr2 stone cold blue
« Reply #306 on: September 22, 2011, 01:25:26 PM »

Here is my fxr2 arresting red with 30k miles, mustang seat, thunderheader pipe and windshield.  i like the ride of this bike over my fxr3 blue flame, really bought fxr2 to keep low miles on my fxr3.

Frisco kid

• 1999 H-D FXR3
« Reply #307 on: September 22, 2011, 04:22:07 PM »

My pipe is a RB Racing LSR C style.
Used to run V&H Straightshots with no baffles (bought it that way)
They looked great and made good power, but were loud in an obnoxious way.
LSR pipe is throaty (deeper) and doesn't hurt your ears.
With the 45 degree turndown the noise doesn't ever seem loud.
http://www.rbracing-rsr.com/lsr21/dynafxr.html

1999 FXR3

Hank Hankerson

« Reply #308 on: September 23, 2011, 03:42:48 PM »

Here's my fxr3.

Love the suspension mods and my father would like to do the exact same thing with the suspension.  When you "raised" the front, what specifically did Traxxion do for that and what did they call the modification?  How much did it raise your front end?  It's hard to see from the pic, but can you see the whole top of the rear tire when looking from the side?  With your set up, could you tell me how much higher the bike was raised?  Do you know if the 13 3/4" Bitubo's will work too or are the 13's perfect?  Do you ever bottom the rear end anymore?  What's your seat height at now?  Sorry for all the questions, just actually excited to see someone with the exact mods he's looking to do.  Any information you could provide would be great.  Thanks!
« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 07:50:07 PM by Hank Hankerson »

EVL666

« Reply #309 on: September 23, 2011, 06:58:39 PM »

Here is a picture of the new bike I just bought.. 96 cubic inch dual carb and lots of other extras.I have had a Yellow FXR4 for a few years but I saw this one and had to have it....Terry

Frisco kid

• 1999 H-D FXR3
« Reply #310 on: September 23, 2011, 10:52:30 PM »

The whole bike is now raised about 1.5".
I am not sure how Traxxion raised the fron end, but they were able to do it.
I explained that I wanted to move away from the low rider set up. I wanted the 13" rear Bitubos.
They did their magic and it is a grat mod for people who are tired of scraping all the time.
I weigh 240 and have 2 drainage ditches I have to cross on the way home.
I have tried to bottom the bike out, and it hasn't done it yet.
The wife now thinks the seat feels better, even though what she is feeling is us not bottoming out.
I am 6' tall and think this bike is the right height for me.
It sits level and the suspension is much more useable. You can lean, go over bumps, and get around cars much easier.
Hers a better side veiw pic showing the rear tire to fender space.

1999 FXR3

Buy early

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #311 on: September 24, 2011, 12:40:10 AM »

Here is a picture of the new bike I just bought.. 96 cubic inch dual carb and lots of other extras.I have had a Yellow FXR4 for a few years but I saw this one and had to have it....Terry

Beautiful bike! Nice mods.

hdfxr3

• Senior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • AL

« Reply #312 on: November 18, 2011, 10:35:01 AM »

Thought this might interest a few of you fxr nuts out there.  got three of the 4 of these locally for picture. Next post will be a foursome!

hdfxr3

• Senior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • AL

« Reply #313 on: November 18, 2011, 10:36:18 AM »

Middle one of group is for sale..9500.00 ...listed her today on  ebay.

hdfxr3

• Senior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • AL

« Reply #314 on: November 18, 2011, 10:43:28 AM »

Add this photo to the collection!  fxr3 trio
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22

Page created in 0.177 seconds with 21 queries.