Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]  All

Author Topic: Dark Side CVO's?  (Read 13563 times)

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
Re: Dark Side CVO's?
« Reply #75 on: October 03, 2019, 09:55:19 PM »

May I suggest take the scenic route.  :orange:
Was pretty damn foggy. Not much to look at and makes it harder to see Bambi on the scenic route.

Sent from my boring Droid phone.

PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

Indenial

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 SE Road Glide
    • States Riden on 2009 CVO
« Reply #76 on: October 09, 2019, 09:40:43 PM »

This thread has really been interesting.  Excuse my ignorance, but when it  started I thought he was talking about riding a "blacked out" bike with no chrome.  I've never heard of running a car tire on a bike.  Very interesting concept and apparently successful for a lot of people.  But then, I'm also trying to figure out Instagram.
I just finished the pile of junk I needed to work on before I get to the stuff I should be doing----

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2006 SE Ultra
    • CVO2: 2018 GoldWing DCT Airbag
« Reply #77 on: October 10, 2019, 07:30:27 AM »

This thread has really been interesting.  Excuse my ignorance, but when it  started I thought he was talking about riding a "blacked out" bike with no chrome.  I've never heard of running a car tire on a bike.  Very interesting concept and apparently successful for a lot of people.  But then, I'm also trying to figure out Instagram.

I know the feeling, i have a smart phone that does 1,001 things of which I only use 5 features,....LOL.

Dark side is nothing new, it's been around a while. It's roots are in the "budget builds" with the fenderless chopper guys throwing a used car tire on the rear only because it fit the rim. From there it branched out to the long distance riders who got tired of wearing out motorcycle tires in 10K or less. So xcept for the "budget builds", wheel size and front fender clearance have prevented most of the current bikes from using car tires on the front, or going to what is called DoubleDark (DD).

However with the new crop of electric, hybrid, and micro cars I'm sure car tires small enough for the front is just around the corner. Then the HD folks can run DD and never have to change a tire.

It'll be interesting to see how this develops in time.
"But men are men, the best sometimes forget" Shakespeare, Othello Act 2, Scene 3

rayson56

• 1K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey not a destination.
    • WA

• CVO1: 2018 FLTRXSE Black Earth/Vivid Black (Sold)
    • CVO2: 2011 FLHXSE2 Black Diamond (Traded)
    • CVO3: 2007 FXDSE Red (Sold)
« Reply #78 on: October 10, 2019, 01:52:12 PM »

I remember the first time I saw a Boss Hoss, back in the early 90's, with it's ZZ3 350 cu. in. GM crate motor. This thing was massive and come to find out only had a single forward gear, brakes that couldn't hardly control the thing and a car tire on the back as that was the best they had available at the time. Now as these monsters have been refined (I know, kind of an oxymoron) they have multiple forward gears and even a reverse on their trikes as well as motorcycle tires for better cornering and handling. So for me, I always looked at the car tire thing as the best/only option until the tire companies caught up with a quality fitment.
But as long as people are out there enjoying themselves safely with wind in their faces and adrenaline in their veins who really gives a rats a$$ what tires THEY choose!

Ride on  :2vrolijk_21:
2010 Dyna Wide Glide
2021 GW Bagger
2018 SERG (Sold)
2011 SESG (Traded)
2007 Dyna Wide Glide CVO (Sold)
2010 Night Rod Special
2007 full custom road king
2006 big dog mastiff
2000 big dog pro 18
1999 big dog pro sport
1991 fxrs full custom
1984 v65 magna

Odomrusty

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TN

« Reply #79 on: October 23, 2019, 08:38:03 PM »

I have a 2006 road glide cvo. I am wondering if I can go dark side with it. Being a bagger I need the size tire that needs to be put on. The biker tire is a MU85-16

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #80 on: October 23, 2019, 08:40:10 PM »

I have a 2006 road glide cvo. I am wondering if I can go dark side with it. Being a bagger I need the size tire that needs to be put on. The biker tire is a MU85-16
Check your year on your post again. They didn't have a CVO RG in 2006.
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]  All

Page created in 0.164 seconds with 24 queries.