Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: Old "lurker" from SD coming out...  (Read 2172 times)

DeathTrap124

Old "lurker" from SD coming out...
« on: September 19, 2007, 06:11:04 PM »

Well, I do everything backwards, so same here. I’ve been “lurking” around here for a few years. When I needed info I popped in and in most cases found it without the necessity to post. You guy’s/gal’s got some serious info here!

I’m currently out of SD (since ’92), LA, CA for 12 years prior, and USMC for the six years before. Started riding in LA. Have now somehow accumulated 7 scoots (go figure?), 8 including my wonderful Wife’s ’05 1200C. I’m a home, self taught wrench, tolerances be damned. Have somehow managed to keep them all going down the road (go figure, again?). I ride all of them except the ’41 Indian 741B that’s been in restoration stage for the last 2 years (I only work on it during winter months). Have decent backyard knowledge of Pans, Shovels and Evos but am a bit gun-shy on the TCs.

I’ve been married for 20+ years and have three children. My youngest (10) just did her first 250 miles on the new ’07 SE Ultra about a month ago and loved it. Should allow Mom and I to take her on more trips with us as the other two are pretty much self sufficient these days.

I wouldn’t have even posted here but after reading thousands of posts and getting some really good advise from many here, I started reading some of the other threads and see a good deal of great friendships going on. Wife and I are starting to look at doing some more longer distance stuff, so I figured I’d chime in and try to make a few friends.

I’d like to thank all of you folks that have provided info in this forum. If it hadn’t been for you guys, especially with the TC’s, I’d have had to go back to the stealer for service and I haven’t been there for service since ’88.

Thanks again…

CVOJOE

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey, why not enjoy the ride?
Re: Old "lurker" from SD coming out...
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2007, 06:19:04 PM »

Welcome aboard "DT", from the NORCAL contingent. As you've already experienced, you'll find lots of good advice and some different humor here.  :2vrolijk_21:

Joe
2003 FLHRSEI2. (Sold) :(

Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall.Torque is how far you will take the wall with you.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2007, 06:23:02 PM »

Great post DT! I'm glad you came out! The social aspect of this great site is as awesome as the technical side. Fantastic people here. Our English Brother Nige is sending his SERK here next summer and I'm meeting him out there for Sturgis. If we don't see you before then at some CVO GTG, then we hope you can meet us for that one!

And I'd also like to thank you for your service to this great nation!!! :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Texas Lurker

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2007, 06:41:29 PM »

Welcome from Texas. If you think these are good people on the site,go to a Gathering. Best group of people you'll ever meet. IMHO

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2010 SEUC-accident victim-gone
    • CVO3: 2005 SEEG-traded on 2010
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2007, 06:48:23 PM »

Welcome DeathTrap-You may get the award for the longest lurker without posting.   :)  Glad you decided to register and I'm sure your insite will help us fix a couple of things. 

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2007, 06:49:59 PM »

Welcome to the site, glad you found it, and came out.

Hang onto your wallet, there are a lot of folks here that'll help you spend your money, but you most likely have that figured out.

DeathTrap124

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2007, 07:09:26 PM »

Thanks fella’s,

CVOJOE, I’ve already got some great advice and have laughed a few times as well!

Hoist, I’ve read many, many, and many of your posts. You’re my opposite, in your world tolerances do matter!!! I’m looking forward to meeting some of you guy’s in the future. Sturgis? Man, how many times am I gonna have to go there? I wouldn’t trade my USMC experience for nothing, not even a new scoot! NYC, both folks born and raised in Brooklyn. I spent the first years of my life in Queens then on to the Island. We’ll meet up some where but I’m not racing you…

Texas Lurker, thanks for the welcome and wouldn’t mind doin’ a little riding down your way some day…

Boatman, AN AWARD? Please, please, please!!! Yeah, I’ll provide some very in-depth insight as long as you’ve got a hammer…

Rjob749, I figured out how to open my wallet when I bought my first HD!

Thanks guys…

rogerkmac

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2007, 08:10:06 PM »

Welcome from Indiana.  It's great to have you on board and not lurking.

LRebel

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2007, 11:35:20 PM »

And, Welcome from Oklahoma!

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 Cherry and Black
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2007, 11:41:36 PM »

Welcome from westn NY.   'bout time you came out of the closet.  It sounds like you have a lot to offer.    I hope you like the 07 UC.  I love mine.... :cherry:
"I don't mind coming to work,
But that eight hour wait to go home is a bitch."

Click link for BBQ song..   http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1825742

BayouBiker

• Patriot Guard - HOG - ABATE
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07 Cherry Jester 110"
    • CVO2: '99 FXDWG 96"
    • CVO3: 'BSR'
    • photos by Tiki Tom
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2007, 12:38:18 AM »

laissez les bon temps rouler - from Bourbon St, New Orleans!   :drink:
Live - Love - Ride
         :-*

Guardian Angels are everywhere! When they don't have wings, I call them friends.

bisounours

• SMF Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • First miles the 6th February 2008

« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2007, 02:58:24 AM »

Good morning DeathTrap124

I send you the  :welcome_005: from FRANCE.

Best regards

:vrolijk_26:  Jacques
********2007 FLHTCUSE2 Red/Black**********
  SE RYO A/C and KN filter, V&H dressers duals and
          oval, TM/AT map#364, SE 251 cams.
     2008 FLHTCUSE3, White Frost and Silver Mist
              (Casper) -> 6th February 2008
             SE 251 cams/Torrington bearings,
      SE pushrods, SE High compression pistons,
             A/C Big sucker, V&H dresser duals ,
             Fullsac baffles, SE Pro Super Tuner.
2011 FLHXSE2, Stage1

The Mysterious Q!

• Keep the shiny side up and ride it like you stole it.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • This town needs an enema!
    • CT
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2007, 07:14:04 AM »

Welcome and Semper Fi from another former Marine. Being from SD you should hook up with my Bro's Spiderman and Screaming Beagle, they are your neighbor's and love to put on some miles. Later,Q 
When I grow up I want to be a SEEG 2002 FLHRSEI Rineharts Wild1 Apes Beaucoup Chrome Corbin Seat Wimmer Billet Breather and Spike Filter Beautiful Billet Power Commander PCIII USB LED Skull Horn Cover Skull everything Lyndall Z Pads Xtreme Machine Shredder 18's Metzeler ME 880's Xtra Lights HID

displacing air

• Elite CVO Member
  • I am glad God answers no sometimes!
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2007, 08:26:43 AM »

Welcome...

Glad you decided to start coming to some of the GTG...
I havent met a person I havent liked...
Look forward to meeting you...

Barry
2006 SEUC ...Watermelon Flavor!

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2007, 10:43:14 AM »

Thanks fella’s,

CVOJOE, I’ve already got some great advice and have laughed a few times as well!

Hoist, I’ve read many, many, and many of your posts. You’re my opposite, in your world tolerances do matter!!! I’m looking forward to meeting some of you guy’s in the future. Sturgis? Man, how many times am I gonna have to go there? I wouldn’t trade my USMC experience for nothing, not even a new scoot! NYC, both folks born and raised in Brooklyn. I spent the first years of my life in Queens then on to the Island. We’ll meet up some where but I’m not racing you…

Texas Lurker, thanks for the welcome and wouldn’t mind doin’ a little riding down your way some day…

Boatman, AN AWARD? Please, please, please!!! Yeah, I’ll provide some very in-depth insight as long as you’ve got a hammer…

Rjob749, I figured out how to open my wallet when I bought my first HD!

Thanks guys…

You won't have to man. Racing's optional, not mandatory! ::) ;D It'll be nice to meet you and just ride a little! :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! ;D
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.172 seconds with 21 queries.