Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Hey to all yall  (Read 1954 times)

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
Hey to all yall
« on: September 21, 2007, 08:08:50 AM »

Hey to all you folks.   :)

Miker

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
Re: Hey to all yall
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2007, 09:34:17 AM »

Hey to all you folks.   :)

Miker

Hey to you! :zthread:

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2007, 09:45:37 AM »

I posted to that whole board of folks, crikey too many to respond to!  btw, love the pics of your WG that I saw yesterday.  Is that custom paint set or stock factory ?.. :coolblue:

miker

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2007, 12:21:44 PM »

I posted to that whole board of folks, crikey too many to respond to!  btw, love the pics of your WG that I saw yesterday.  Is that custom paint set or stock factory ?.. :coolblue:

miker

Thanks man, that WG been a keeper to me ever since I got it. It always will be. Who else but a passionate lunatic will sink 10 grand into an '85!

Custom paint set? ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
$600 custom paint from my buddy Panhead Fred! ;)

Hoist! 8)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2007, 12:52:58 PM »

Thanks man, that WG been a keeper to me ever since I got it. It always will be. Who else but a passionate lunatic will sink 10 grand into an '85!

Custom paint set? ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
$600 custom paint from my buddy Panhead Fred! ;)

Hoist! 8)

I am simpatico bro....10 grand 15 grand, big fat hairy deal...(other than an orca motor) ;)

I sunk several bits more than that into a 72 year old....with no rear suspension, no push button start, no oil bag, wait; not much of a front suspension either and maybe 30 h.p. to show but what a workout driving that old dog pup.  If I went to a gym think of the money I'd save not going to the gym that I don't go to... :nixweiss:

Good luck with the project

Miker

REGGAB

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2007, 01:20:12 PM »

Hello, and welcome to CVO Harley!!

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2007, 02:08:59 PM »

I am simpatico bro....10 grand 15 grand, big fat hairy deal...(other than an orca motor) ;)

I sunk several bits more than that into a 72 year old....with no rear suspension, no push button start, no oil bag, wait; not much of a front suspension either and maybe 30 h.p. to show but what a workout driving that old dog pup.  If I went to a gym think of the money I'd save not going to the gym that I don't go to... :nixweiss:

Good luck with the project

Miker

Yeah, but that restored Classic of yours is worth some bucks. Mine will still only be worth something to me. But what it's worth to me, is all that matters! ;)

Hoist! 8)

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2007, 02:14:54 PM »

Yeah, but that restored Classic of yours is worth some bucks. Mine will still only be worth something to me. But what it's worth to me, is all that matters! ;)

Hoist! 8)

Truely that is what matters most thats why I hang on to a 1975 Honda CB400F, my 1st bike.

Thats why I asked about the paint on the WG...in a couple of years the 35 year old HD's will qualify for submittal to AMCA. The original paint bikes are where the money is at.  The difference between a restored classic and and original can be greater than 50%, besides I'd think I'd like an 4 spd evo, never ridden one.

Miker

The Mysterious Q!

• Keep the shiny side up and ride it like you stole it.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • This town needs an enema!
    • CT
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2007, 02:21:52 PM »

I would throw this out there  :jack: But I don't know if were on topic or off  :nixweiss: Oh and hey to you to Miker. Maybe we will hook up in Daytona. Later,Q
When I grow up I want to be a SEEG 2002 FLHRSEI Rineharts Wild1 Apes Beaucoup Chrome Corbin Seat Wimmer Billet Breather and Spike Filter Beautiful Billet Power Commander PCIII USB LED Skull Horn Cover Skull everything Lyndall Z Pads Xtreme Machine Shredder 18's Metzeler ME 880's Xtra Lights HID

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2007, 02:28:25 PM »

Honored, I am after only being on this site just a little while and being to big a pussy to make the meets.   
You are correct sir, the folks here seem nice and normal to me...is that a good thing for them?
I started this thread, so I guess I can say after all this verbal intercouse, no the thread is not jacked. :beerchug:

Miker

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2007, 02:46:51 PM »

Truely that is what matters most thats why I hang on to a 1975 Honda CB400F, my 1st bike.

Thats why I asked about the paint on the WG...in a couple of years the 35 year old HD's will qualify for submittal to AMCA. The original paint bikes are where the money is at.  The difference between a restored classic and and original can be greater than 50%, besides I'd think I'd like an 4 spd evo, never ridden one.

Miker

You're right miker. The '85 4-speed Evo is a rare bird these days. They were only made after the Softails were developed, and shovels were no longer made. They needed to runout the remaining 4-speed frames, and modified the backbones to fit the Evo. The same way they developed the Softail, which is a 4-speed Evo frame, from the seatpost forward. There were no shovels in Softails, so they had to shoehorn the Evo into it. Should this bike not gotten ridden so hard for all these years, it might be worthy of restoring. But that drivetrain is not up to the task of my continuos beatings. So with everything I'm doing to it, won't be worth much besides a great riding bike. It will ride better than it ever did, which was totally fantastic for a solid mounted drivetrain. But with a 110", 6-speed, Traxxion suspension and PM brakes, I doubt it will qualify as "restored". But I don't care. I just want to be free to ride my machine....! ;)

Hoist! 8)

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2007, 02:53:22 PM »

Sure.  There is a movement for "period modified" machines. I believe it will have to come into play.  Had I left mine alone appearance wise, people would have possibly mistaken it for a ULH (80").

d o g o l s

• 1K CVO Member
  • *** ride save and have fun***

• CVO1: blue Thunder FLHTCUSE-4
    • CVO2: FLHTCUSE-2 black-orange-Jester
    • CVO3: 2008 FXDB black
    • Harley Fan
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2007, 03:27:28 PM »

Hey to you Miker  :drink:

Guilty

• Got Dead?
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2007, 03:39:47 PM »

Welcome from Salem, Oregon!

courter

• Senior CVO Member
  • Enjoying the RIDE!!

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3 Canyon/Silver
    • CVO2: 2002 FLHRSEI Purple/Silver Flames
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2007, 05:27:46 PM »

Hey back at ya! 

Page created in 0.158 seconds with 21 queries.