Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Author Topic: New CVO Countdown  (Read 1742 times)

semperfi81

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHTCUSE5B #860 of 999
Re: New CVO Countdown
« Reply #45 on: September 06, 2011, 08:26:17 PM »

Welcome to the site from the valley of the sun, Phoenix, AZ :2vrolijk_21:

Guthrie52

« Reply #46 on: September 07, 2011, 12:03:02 AM »

Welcome from Denver, Colorado!!

Mr. Warlock

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited - unnamed
    • CVO2: 2011 Softail Convertable "Bourbon Betty" - Traded
    • CVO3: 2005 SE FatBoy - Sold
« Reply #47 on: September 07, 2011, 06:05:48 AM »

Welcome from North Carolina, enjoy the new ride, sometimes little chit happens :nixweiss:
Lived hard and fast, laughed harder than humans have a right to and continue to do so.

CVOfan

• 2012 FLHXSE3
  • Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3
    • CVO2: 2012 GMC Denali Duramax HD
« Reply #48 on: September 07, 2011, 11:23:04 PM »

Welcome, from Arkansas.... :2vrolijk_21:

V&H High Output headers
Fullsac 2" inserts

darth davidson

• FLTRUSE
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 CVO Road Glide Ultra
Re: New CVO Countdown.....trouble in store!
« Reply #49 on: September 08, 2011, 09:00:20 AM »

Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome.

So, I collected the my new CVO Roadglide Ultra from Edinburgh as planned on 24th August.
It took a little getting used to in the Edinburgh traffic. The hydraulic clutch operation was a bit sharper than I had been used to on my FLHTK. The additional length of the fairing also made it feel like I was steering a canoe.
I got used to the difference pretty quickly though.

Went to Aviemore on the following Saturday. Dunedin Chapter was hosting the annual "Thunder In The Glens" rally.
I was lucky with the weather. Friday and Sunday were both affected by heavy rain.

Gave the bike its first wash on Sunday, then I fitted the V&H Twin Slash Ovals that I had removed from my FLHTK and flashed the stage 1 tune. Test ran the motor and everything seemed fine.

On Monday the trouble started. I took the bike out in the morning and had travelled about 5 miles when the security light came on. I also found that the left turn signals didn't work. Headed straight back home and checked everything I could. Found nothing wrong, and after cycling the ignition a couple of times the fault seemed to correct itself. Went out again, got about a mile out and fault reappeared. Went home again and contacted dealer. :(

Tuesday - back to dealer in Edinburgh. After about an hour they reported that the Hands-Free module was faulty.
A new module was ordered, but it would be Thursday before it would arrive. So I went home and waited. :(
Got a call on Thursday. New module had arrived ;D
So after lunch, I headed back to Edinburgh, the new module was duly fitted and pronounced working ok. :orange:

I headed home again, planning to take a winding route back to rack up the miles. I got as far as the Edinburgh bypass. I signalled a lane change and...whoa! Security warning light is on and left turn signals not working!  >:(
At the first chance, I turned around and headed back into the city and to the dealer. They were just getting ready to close for the day. They kept my bike and loaned me a Street Glide to get home on.

Friday - No word until late afternoon. Phone rings at 5:30. Bike is fixed! Digital Technician diagnostic report insisted that the Hands-Free module was faulty. But after extensively road testing the bike, and spending most of the day running circuit tests on the wiring, the mechanic found that the wiring harness was fretting against the rear fender as it entered the tail-light housing. After repairing the harness, the fault disappeared.

Saturday. Back to Edinburgh to collect my bike. Since then..  so far... everything is ok. I am now beginning to really enjoy the ride. :huepfenjump3:

I am happy with the dealer's handling of the issue, but I think that this kind thing is a poor show of quality control from H-D. For a supposedly hand-assembled and finished product, it is not the sort issue I would expect to have arisen. :oops:

I am so sorry you had that much trouble with your new bike, but is a fact MoCo QA/QC has dropped significantly even for high end models. Is a shame.
But since the bike seems fixed, enjoy it and ride safe :orange: :2vrolijk_21:

:worthless:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Page created in 0.135 seconds with 21 queries.