Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: HD Hickory NC - Looked After Us Well!  (Read 2895 times)

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
HD Hickory NC - Looked After Us Well!
« on: May 08, 2005, 08:29:20 AM »

Mr WeCVO and I were on our way to York, PA Sunday morning after the Maggie Valley Rally and we had gotten 30 miles down the road when we pulled over for gas.  We were riding with Twolanerider and WFP and we met M.White at the gas station.  Mr was hearing horrible sounds coming out of his engine so he asked the more mechanically inclined fellows if they had ideas of what might be the problem.  Well Twolanerider and M.White said, park it and call a tow truck, your riding time is done for this trip.  Mr.We's stater bolt had backed itself out and was tearing things up inside.  We were at a gas station, but there was nothing else even close around the area.  After making a few calls, find out what our insurance covered and the availability of shops, we decided that we would turn around and start heading back the way we had just came and go as far as we could to a more habitable location if possible.  The horrible noise only happened upon decel, so Mr.We did his very best to maintain a constant speed.  We made it all the way to Hickory, NC.  We arrived about 10 am, and there was a couple of other bikes in the parking lot.
Well we found that the shop was having it's 1 year anniversary open house.  We saw activity in the service department, but the store did not open until 12:30 on Sunday. We got the eye of a mechanic and explained that we were trying to determine our best option. Mr jumps on my solo seated SEEG and ride the 5 hours home, get truck, drive 5 hours back, load bike in truck at night to bring back to VA to get serviced, get serviced in NC Monday... What is the best option?  
Well two hours before the store is even open, that mechanic came out listened to the bike, and said Oh No! that bike needs immediate attention and he could get it looked at and back on the road same day. He took the bike immediately into the shop.  You know you can break down in a lot of places at a lot of times, but if you have to break down,  we were in the middle of malls, restaurants, hotels and sitting at a dealership that was being visited by Bubba Blackwell and about 600 of our favorite friends.  A hooters stlye restaurant next door, bike in good hands, we felt so cared for.  
Well 5 hours later, bike back together new stater installed, all covered by warranty, we were back on the road to home.  We had wanted to go to York with other forum riders, but with the break down we just figured was not available, but at 7 pm, we pulled our bags off the bikes, threw them into the car and continued up to York, PA for the tour in the AM.  We got to the motel at 11:30, a bit weary, but there.  In the morning after a few cups of coffee and a fantastic breakfast we met the others going to the York assembly plant and got to go on that tour.  All because of a mechanic in Hickory, NC and for Twolanerider and M.White diagnosing the issue and gettting us pointed in the direction of assistance before it got much worse.  Thanks guys.  And we cannot say enough good things about the Hickory, NC HD shop.  We will be sending them a nice thankyou note.

----------------------------
Bonus meeting Spydglide, NiteAl and BlackDog while our bike was just being finished up being serviced. It is a small world after all.  ;-)
« Last Edit: May 08, 2005, 08:45:24 AM by Mrs._WeCVO »

Screamin

• 5k CVO Member
  • Number 641

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2 Cherry
    • CVO2: 2019 Road Glide Ultra
Re: HD Hickory NC HD - Looked After Us Well!
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2005, 08:35:01 AM »

With all of the bad that you hear; your's is indeed a great story. Glad they got y'all fixed up and that we were able to be together on Monday morning.  [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
Re: HD Hickory NC - Looked After Us Well!
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2005, 09:33:52 AM »

Mrs you actually had a great experience. See not all H/D dealers are stealers. Those are the ones that will be around for a long time.

When you came up to me in York and introduced yourself you didn't look like you didn't get much sleep. It wasn't hard to tell you were happy to be there. Glad you and Mr. made the trip. Can't wait to meet up with you again. Stay safe.

THE DAWG
cvo 1  04 FLHTCSEI  Qrange/Black AKA Ole Punkin
cvo 2 05 VRSCXe Orange/Black sold
cvo 3 02 FXDWG2 Black/Gold 
cvo 4 04 FLHTCSE Blue/Black  sold
cvo 5 09 FLHTCUSE4 Red/Marron sold
cvo 6 12 FLHTCUSE Blue Saphire/Stardust Silver AKA Saphire
cvo 7 14 FLHTKSE  Blaze/Maroon
2020 CVO Limited

PROUD MEMBER EBCM #1.75 Second in command of this great organization

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

hd2003-se2005

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2005, 09:41:32 AM »

Good story Mrs. We!

We ride up to this shop on Wednesdays. They have bike night and it's a blast.
They are good people and you have again confirmed it.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2005, 12:50:15 PM »

The WeWe's day that Sunday was great for many reasons.  MrWe had a problem that had started barely noticably the evening before and had gotten REALLY loud really fast.  Sounded like the motor had rocks in its pockets.   Everyone was afraid the compensator nut would back off enough to tear up more than just a stator if it got ridden too much farther.

WFP and I left the We's and their two bikes as we had to get on to York.  Didn't really want to leave them at that station that morning but there were road service options and other friends back at the weekend's hotel only about 35 miles away.  We never dreamed we see them at York the next morning.

Then talked to MrsWe on the phone that evening around 6:00 or so and heard the whole great story.  They'd limped in to a dealer within range, found service on Sunday during an open house, then motored home and move all the gear to the car, and then made the drive to York that night to be there for the tour on Monday morning.

That is dedication !!  

(or psychotic behavior, but we won't go there)

But it was great to see them for one more day and it certainly make for a an even better tour event at the plant.  The WeWe's are very special folks and it was great to have them around for even one more day.   [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

M.White

• Junior CVO Member
  • aka:
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2005, 11:34:37 PM »

Great news Mrs. We, glad everything turned out for y'all, tell Mr. We I said 'Hi'.  [smiley=biggthumpup.gif] Can't wait tell we all get a chance to ride together again.  [smiley=beerchug.gif]
05 FLHTCSE2
SE Stage 1 AC
Bassani Power Curves
Bassani Reverse Cone HO
PC III usb

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2005, 10:12:02 AM »

we were devistaed when we got to york and found only 2 SEEG's waiting for us, WFP told us what had happened and that you were due to arrive late sunday night, the tour wouldn;t have been as good if you 2 had missed out on it.
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2005, 07:14:22 PM »

Mrs.We, Glad to see you posted this story.  I was hoping you would after you told it to me over the phone.  Sounds like your local dealer could take a lesson from this shop. [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2005, 07:31:44 PM »

The folks, all of them on the sales floor and the service department at Hickory HD were right on fantastic.   [smiley=1syellow1.gif]If you can imagine 600 bikes in a parking lot and the road leading up to the dealership and the number of folks buying, talking etc., the service we got was over the top fantastic. They were busy would be the understatement of the century.   [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]We were more than a little pleased amd impressed. If you can imagine where are hearts were a few hours earlier.....  [smiley=1112.gif]Neither of us have ever really had a problem that stopped traffic, so to speak.   The problem however, was supposedly the fault of some one not doing all the homework on the last job in that area.  Report from service department about other service department going to MOCO.  I don't think I have to say too much more about this.  NC HD Rocks!   [smiley=thumbsup.gif]Those of you in the area are very fortunate indeed.   [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2005, 07:36:54 PM »

Mr.& Mrs.WeCVO.........was glad to see you finally posted the saga of the Hickory repair.  Boy was I surprised to see ya'll when I pulled into the shop.  Glad that all was 'fit as a fiddle' by the time we pulled in.  I was looking for a HD Shop to get the ole SpydGlide inspected, noticed at the motel the night before that my NC Inspection was SEVEN (7) months overdue!  Big fine in NC now for that....maybe $125. or something in the neighborhood.  Anyway, that's what I was doing in a HD Shop on a Sunday afternoon.  But, you finally found a GOOD Dealership.  There's still some around, just have to look for them.   [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]   Spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2005, 08:15:26 PM »

Yeah 'er 'uh, Mrs.WeCVO,
 Glad you were treated like Family in Hickory!  I think the only Dealer Door in NC that I will not darken again, is Pat Rogers Speedway HD.  Later--HUBBARD  
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter

Page created in 0.386 seconds with 22 queries.