Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: New Riders report  (Read 1573 times)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
New Riders report
« on: May 14, 2005, 12:06:18 PM »

Two new riders reports that just struck me as worth sharing.  One from a couple of weeks ago now and one from yesterday afternoon.

After leaving the York plant I went over to Rockville Md to spend a too small number of days with some of my very best friends Beth and Mike and their kids Nick and Kate (twins) and Anna.  The kids were, of course, all over the motorcycle as they have been pretty much since they were old enough to be all over anything.  They also have the appropriate collection of jean jackets, t-shirts, etc thanks to their ersatz uncle.  But their mom, likely my oldest and dearest friend, has never shown much of an interest.  

Then she saw the full sized backrest on the King Tour Pak on the SEEG.  And she got this look in her eye.  The next morning after my arrival we were down at a bike shop to get her an inexpensive helmet.  She rode 105 miles on a day when it was probably too cool outside to really initiate someone in to riding on the back of a bike.  And she didn't hate it.

Couple of days later after having had enough time pass to internalize everything she went for a little ride again.  This time in town.  Heard from the back of the bike was "hmmm, I could quite like this."   [smiley=drink.gif]

Yesterday was another big day.  First ride on the street for my favorit passenger.  My little niece; just past two years.  She's been riding on the back (appropriately held in place) since she was about a year old.  And she's always just LOVED it.  The rides have been putting around her grandmother's two acre yard or going on the trails in a city park or something like that.  While being watched by her parents running the circuit of the big yard and doing her normal laughing and jabbering and asking for either "faster" or "more" while riding yesterday she yelled to her dad that she wanted to "cross the street."  

She was ready to ride on the street.  

Her dad said yes so off we went.  About a mile around and through neighborhood.  The little girl is just as comfortable back there as can be and just never stops chatting or asking "what's that?" as you go by something.  But the ride on the street ended as all others seem to.  With her asking either "more?" or "one more time!".

Uncle Donnie was a happy camper. [smiley=laugh.gif]
« Last Edit: May 14, 2005, 12:11:01 PM by twolanerider »

Page created in 0.136 seconds with 22 queries.