Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All

Author Topic: Ride Like A Pro West Coast...  (Read 19353 times)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
Re: Ride Like A Pro West Coast...
« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2011, 11:31:16 AM »

Steve demonstrating the proper u-turn technique....
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2011, 11:44:25 AM »

Terrie and Susan in the cross.

This is about where it ended for Terrie.  The wrist of her glove got hung up on the throttle rocker part of her Kuryakn throttle grip....the bike shot forward and she went backwards.  She stayed with the bike for a minute and nearly recovered it but it got away from her when she took a handlebar into the ribs.  She went down and the bike continued on before it finally went down.

She took an ambulance ride....just to make sure nothing was broken.  Badly bruised ribs (for those that's had them before, feels the same as broken ribs) but forutnately, no broken bones.  The bike (I was attending to Terrie when I heard a couple guys behind me saying "I can't believe this bike doesn't have any more damage than this) came out of it even more surprising......especially when I turned to see 10' of fresh scratched asphalt.  The bottom corners of both crash bars, the floorboad bracket and the outter edge of the floorboard (where they always grind down in the twisties) are the only scratches on that bike.  No paint damage at all.....everybody that saw it agrees that's pretty incredable! :2vrolijk_21:

We still made it to the party at the Elephant Bar that evening.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2011, 11:46:31 AM »

A number of Nor Cal and So Cal members showed up.....old friends one and all. 

West Coast GTG   

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #33 on: April 17, 2011, 11:48:17 AM »

the girls row.

West Coast GTG   

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2011, 11:50:48 AM »

a little celebration of Dave's (Wrongway) birthday.....

West Coast GTG   

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #35 on: April 17, 2011, 11:58:56 AM »

All in all, it was a good weekend.

Thanks to Paula (Champagnegirl) for getting Terrie to the airport...thanks to Marty (110mofo) for keeping Terrie's bike until Jon and Susan were done at Disneyland and thanks to Jon for riding Terrie's bike back to Sacramento.  Thanks to everybody else for their support and concern.

Update.....a week later, she's starting to feel a bit better.....I got bacon and home made blueberry muffins in bed this morning. :2vrolijk_21:

We're going to drive (in the car) up in the mountains today.....check the snow conditions on one of the roads that we'll be using during the Tahoe GTG.  While I expect snow up there today.....maybe even closed, since they're small, twisity back roads but I'm optamistic that the roads will be clear and dry by June. :2vrolijk_21:

We'll see everybody at Solvang next month. :bananarock: :mango: :apple: :orange:

West Coast GTG   

Mrs Rooster

• 1K CVO Member
  • Rooster May Crow But The Hen Delivers The Goods!!
« Reply #36 on: April 17, 2011, 12:06:32 PM »

I am so glad Terrie is OK. WOW  :o   Give her a hug for us.

Susan you go girl...looking good.  :2vrolijk_21:
We are never lost sometimes it just takes longer to get there.

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?
« Reply #37 on: April 17, 2011, 08:31:00 PM »

Terrie and Susan in the cross.

This is about where it ended for Terrie.  The wrist of her glove got hung up on the throttle rocker part of her Kuryakn throttle grip....the bike shot forward and she went backwards.  She stayed with the bike for a minute and nearly recovered it but it got away from her when she took a handlebar into the ribs.  She went down and the bike continued on before it finally went down.

She took an ambulance ride....just to make sure nothing was broken.  Badly bruised ribs (for those that's had them before, feels the same as broken ribs) but forutnately, no broken bones.  The bike (I was attending to Terrie when I heard a couple guys behind me saying "I can't believe this bike doesn't have any more damage than this) came out of it even more surprising......especially when I turned to see 10' of fresh scratched asphalt.  The bottom corners of both crash bars, the floorboad bracket and the outter edge of the floorboard (where they always grind down in the twisties) are the only scratches on that bike.  No paint damage at all.....everybody that saw it agrees that's pretty incredable! :2vrolijk_21:

We still made it to the party at the Elephant Bar that evening.

DAMN Terrie!  You Are Hardcore For Sure!

I am pleased to read that you do not have any long lasting effects...You Are Amazing!

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
« Reply #38 on: April 17, 2011, 08:32:19 PM »

All in all, it was a good weekend.

Thanks to Paula (Champagnegirl) for getting Terrie to the airport...thanks to Marty (110mofo) for keeping Terrie's bike until Jon and Susan were done at Disneyland and thanks to Jon for riding Terrie's bike back to Sacramento.  Thanks to everybody else for their support and concern.

Update.....a week later, she's starting to feel a bit better.....I got bacon and home made blueberry muffins in bed this morning. :2vrolijk_21:

We're going to drive (in the car) up in the mountains today.....check the snow conditions on one of the roads that we'll be using during the Tahoe GTG.  While I expect snow up there today.....maybe even closed, since they're small, twisity back roads but I'm optamistic that the roads will be clear and dry by June. :2vrolijk_21:

We'll see everybody at Solvang next month. :bananarock: :mango: :apple: :orange:

What A Cali Krewe For Sure!!! :2vrolijk_21:

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
« Reply #39 on: April 17, 2011, 08:33:49 PM »

a little celebration of Dave's (Wrongway) birthday.....

This guy is always causing trouble!

;)

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
« Reply #40 on: April 17, 2011, 08:35:47 PM »

And yet another good reason to attend Mark's (Ironhorse) course...

Good reaction and instruction for all for sure!

:2vrolijk_21:

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #41 on: April 17, 2011, 08:41:16 PM »

Glad to hear Terrie is feeling better!!

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #42 on: April 18, 2011, 03:40:44 PM »

Uh-ohhh.  Terrie's doctor just called.  Said the radiologist found a couple broken ribs after all. :nervous:

Now who said she was milkin it? ???
« Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 06:37:19 PM by JCZ »

West Coast GTG   

Buy early

• 5k CVO Member
  • My future if I were Benjamin Button

• CVO1: 2001 FXDWG2 Switchblade - The Beast
    • CVO2: 2004 FXSTDSE2 Deuce - Beauty
« Reply #43 on: April 18, 2011, 04:06:35 PM »

JC, sorry to hear about Terrie's mishap! Hope she recovers quickly. Will this incident lead you to remove the throttle boss, change glove types or take any other action? I have throttle boss's on all 3 bikes and could see this happening after you described it? Trying to decide if I'm going to change anything.

Lil-Bit

• Elite CVO Member
  • My Next Husband Will Be Normal...
« Reply #44 on: April 18, 2011, 05:30:09 PM »

Poor Terrie....as bad as she was hurting, she had to have a broken rib or 2. Hope she heals fast....love to you both!!!!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All

Page created in 0.168 seconds with 22 queries.