Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Florida State H.O.G. Rally  (Read 959 times)

killjoy

• Full CVO Member
Florida State H.O.G. Rally
« on: October 30, 2006, 11:37:53 AM »

The State HOG Rally was this past weekend in Ft. Myers.

Turnout (IMO) was abysmal, and the whole thing was much smaller-scale than I expected. They reported attendance at 1,800ish - but I'll bet there were never more than 250 -300 people there at any one time.

Weather was less than cooperative, as it rained from about 10:00 Friday night through around noon Saturday. Other than the rain, the weather was great ranging from about 65 - 80 degrees.

Vendor participation was light, as was the overall content for the rally. Most of the schedule consisted of the several drill teams performing Motorman Palladino, Indianapolis, Bruce Rossmeyer's, etc.

The Outlaws performed Saturday night, and put on a heck of a show - although it was somewhat short at about an hour. But hell, what would you expect from a national act playing for a crowd of about 150 people?

All-in-all, it was better than staying home and painting the fence, and any excuse to get out and ride around the state of Florida is a good one.
"... When all is said & done, more will be said than done."

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: '20 FLHTCUTGSE Trike CVO
Re: Florida State H.O.G. Rally
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2006, 07:05:41 PM »

My wife and me were there and was good except for a death of a fellow rider from Fort Lauderdale HOG....I just knew today that terrible accident....see in "RIDER DOWN" the story.

Page created in 0.132 seconds with 22 queries.