Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Inner Faring Rain Cover That You Can Ride With  (Read 7059 times)

Glenncarp

Re: Inner Faring Rain Cover That You Can Ride With
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2017, 12:53:55 PM »

As a self proclaimed Road Glide guy I see no reason for such a thing. Everything factory is waterproof. A cover with panels combined with the heat of the motor and the cool rain seems like it'd fog up almost immediately. I have a wet weather cover for my aftermarket radio that works just fine. The speakers and gauges will more than likely take more water than I will......

Better late then never, but I added Sony head unit and Focal Speakers and Amp from Soundz Customs to my '1 SERGU. I was concerned that the parts were not marine grade. Pete at Customz said they did not need to be as that dose not make them water proof, it just is an extra protection for the circuitry. Pete also said he leaves all of his bikes out at shows and they have never been damaged by water/rain. Used my stereo system for 4 years, at time in heavy Fl rain and never had an issue with head unit or speakers.

Phreakyz

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

• CVO1: Current: 2019 CVO Road Glide Lightning Silver & Charred Steel With Black Hole
    • CVO2: Previous: 2016 CVO Street Glide Licorice/Cobalt
Re: Inner Faring Rain Cover That You Can Ride With
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2017, 02:56:33 PM »

My Previous bike had a Non Waterproof stereo.  I kept a roll of Glad Press-N-Seal wrap in the saddlebag.   The same that they use for storing food in your fridge.    Lay it on then wash or rain and peel it off and toss it.

I still use it for washing the CVO to cover up the K&N Style open air filter or if I have something I don't want to get wet.    It also works good for wrapping the saddlebag pigtails so they don't get water in them when washing with the bags off.   Don't know if it's necessary but I would hate for the terminals to start corroding.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.153 seconds with 24 queries.