Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Low Trans Fluid  (Read 939 times)

Bobs14Limited

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CO

Low Trans Fluid
« on: September 17, 2019, 09:31:32 PM »

As always the next day after I get a new vehicle home, I check it over thoroughly.[/size]Oil level, check, trans fluid, barely touching the bottom of the dipstick, primary fluid a smidgen low. So I added the only Harley fluid I had (Formula+) which was less than half a quart. At least it's a bit above the add line now. Bike had 10 miles from setup, I took a 21 mile test ride, purchased it and rode 14 miles home. So 45 miles with low trans fluid.What are the odds no damage was done? I spoke with dealer today and they wanted to come tow it back, but at this point, I'll just ride it back myself.I would imagine they will change the trans fluid with Syn3.I'm wondering if I should get something in writing from them stating it was never filled properly? What do you think??

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: Low Trans Fluid
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2019, 10:07:29 PM »

For anyone else not wearing their glasses :2vrolijk_21: .

As always the next day after I get a new vehicle home, I check it over thoroughly. Oil level, check, trans fluid, barely touching the bottom of the dipstick, primary fluid a smidgen low. So I added the only Harley fluid I had (Formula+) which was less than half a quart. At least it's a bit above the add line now. Bike had 10 miles from setup, I took a 21 mile test ride, purchased it and rode 14 miles home. So 45 miles with low trans fluid.What are the odds no damage was done? I spoke with dealer today and they wanted to come tow it back, but at this point, I'll just ride it back myself.I would imagine they will change the trans fluid with Syn3.I'm wondering if I should get something in writing from them stating it was never filled properly? What do you think??

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2019, 10:09:20 PM »

^^ If it was on the stick and that's all you rode you're fine. ^^ 

Don't sweat it for now.  It's a Harley.  There will be lots of real and actual sh*t to worry with later.  Congrats on the new bike :drink: :2vrolijk_21: :drink: .

Bobs14Limited

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CO

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2019, 11:26:17 PM »

^^ If it was on the stick and that's all you rode you're fine. ^^ 

Don't sweat it for now.  It's a Harley.  There will be lots of real and actual sh*t to worry with later.  Congrats on the new bike :drink: :2vrolijk_21: :drink: .

Thanks. I hope the font size is ok this time.

Page created in 0.131 seconds with 25 queries.