Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All

Author Topic: Traxxion for Thumper  (Read 11273 times)

REGGAB

Traxxion for Thumper
« on: March 14, 2008, 11:52:35 AM »

The ride over yesterday afternoon was uneventful.........until I got into the Atlanta area.  The drivers in New York City aren't as crazy as these Atlanta drivers.  Spent last night at my brother's house in Cumming.  Showed up at Traxxion this morning shortly before they opened.  The motorcycle is apart right now.  Had some difficulty getting my fork caps off.  I had the fork oil changed at 10K (better than a year ago), and it appears that the tech at H-D of Columbia hadn't gotten lucky in quite awhile as they were REALLY on there.

So.......I'm waiting.  Brought some work, so I have plenty to do.  The Traxxion facility is awesome.  First class operation.  Really looking forward to the ride home this afternoon.  Nothing like putting a new suspension to the test...............in the rain.

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
Re: Traxxion for Thumper
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2008, 12:29:51 PM »

Henry, it does look like you get to rain test Traxxion on your way home.  Ride safe.

Bet your bike rides a lot better in the twisties after this upgrade!
 :2vrolijk_21:
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2008, 01:39:09 PM »

You're goin' to love 'em.  Rain or not you'll notice the difference right away on stopping and acceleration as the bike sets so much better.

Don't push it in the rain though it may turn right out from under you :2vrolijk_21:

Say hi to Mike, I talked to him this am when I was looking for Dan.  I guess Dan's off today.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2008, 04:59:15 PM »

The air front suspension on a 2000 model is amazing.  It is.  It is.  It really is.  I just keep telling myself that.

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2008, 05:55:04 PM »

The air front suspension on a 2000 model is amazing.  It is.  It is.  It really is.  I just keep telling myself that.

Good try Don.

I hate to look at the list I have for the 2005 SEEG.  That's why the Nanner went straight to Traxxion while it was in the neighborhood.

It's amazing all the mods we have done to our current rides ::)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2008, 07:04:58 PM »

Good try Don.

I hate to look at the list I have for the 2005 SEEG.  That's why the Nanner went straight to Traxxion while it was in the neighborhood.

It's amazing all the mods we have done to our current rides ::)

The shopping list on the SEEG is certainly... well.... extreme.  Yet PJ and a few others have done some things even I'd not have gone after.  That being said it is likely a good thing I've not put a total cell in the spreadsheet that is used to track all that's on the red bike.

I'm not saying what comes next to placate myself either.  I'm actually quite surprised at how unbouncy the SERG is.  It's much better than the SEEG was pre-Traxxion.  It's lacking in suspension travel and suffers very limited rebound.  But OE it is better than the SEEG was by a decent margin.

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2008, 07:23:59 PM »

I had that on the 2000 Ultra and found it acceptable at the time.

REGGAB

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2008, 08:59:17 PM »

Got home about an hour ago.  Thought I was gonna thwart the rain....until I got just west of Ft. Payne......then the heavens opened....until I got to Rainsville......and it stopped.  Just enough to get the motorcycle real nasty.

Thumper is on a rail.  I've ridden other motorcycles with AK-20s, but you never REALLY know what you're missing until you have it done to YOUR motorcycle.  I gotta tell ya, those AK-20s ROCK!

AND...........air suspension SUCKS!  Get the AK-20s!   :2vrolijk_21:   :jack:  :jack:  :jack:  :jack:

Here's a picture of Thumper all torn down earlier today.

REGGAB

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2008, 09:05:49 PM »

DIRTY Motorcycle!  Needs a service too.  Here's a picture shortly after I got home today.  I'll pull the service and wash her tomorrow.  I cannot believe how much easier it is to ride now.  The difference is drastic.  Even in the rain, the AK-20s have the front end nailed to whatever line I'm on.  Couple that with Tracy's "Missing Link," and I can finally say that I am truely happy with the ride of this motorcycle.

REGGAB

« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2008, 09:07:16 PM »

Also picked up an AK-20 service kit.  Here's what they look like.

TWR

« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2008, 09:27:19 PM »

hi guess you didn't get any tickets on the way home ? just alittle wet thanks bro tracy
« Last Edit: March 14, 2008, 09:28:50 PM by twr »

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2008, 09:36:42 PM »

Glad you like it Henry.  I still vividly remember the jaw dropping and immediate difference when mine was done.  Then watching TC experience his the same way the next day. 

You'll of course pretty quickly get used to this being the new normal.  Then when you hop on someone else's bike you'll not be able to believe how much they suck up front.  I say this while trying to convince myself that the new old SERG is going to be just fine without the expense....

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2008, 10:33:51 PM »

It's one of the truely "no brainer" must does for our bikes.

Everyone I can recall that's done the mods has the same reaction. AWESOME :2vrolijk_21:

Makes riding that much more enjoyable.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2008, 10:41:22 PM »

It's one of the truely "no brainer" must does for our bikes.

Everyone I can recall that's done the mods has the same reaction. AWESOME :2vrolijk_21:

Makes riding that much more enjoyable.

Rog, that's why I'm very specifically intending not taking the SERG to CHL.  It'd be too close.  It might have to go whether I want it to or not.

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2008, 10:51:48 PM »

Rog, that's why I'm very specifically intending not taking the SERG to CHL.  It'd be too close.  It might have to go whether I want it to or not.

:ROFLOL:  I hear that, it would be just too easy to hit a loop to Woodstock on the CHL run. :2vrolijk_21: :bananarock:

I would be able to go from the SEUC to the SEEG and feel comfortable with only the SEUC having the mods.

Like REGGAB said, "you never REALLY know what you're missing until you have it done to YOUR motorcycle."

Trouble is you and I both do. :bananarock:
« Last Edit: March 14, 2008, 10:54:44 PM by Rjob749 »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All

Page created in 0.157 seconds with 21 queries.