Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]

Author Topic: Traxxion for Thumper  (Read 11272 times)

REGGAB

Traxxion for Thumper
« on: March 14, 2008, 11:52:35 AM »

The ride over yesterday afternoon was uneventful.........until I got into the Atlanta area.  The drivers in New York City aren't as crazy as these Atlanta drivers.  Spent last night at my brother's house in Cumming.  Showed up at Traxxion this morning shortly before they opened.  The motorcycle is apart right now.  Had some difficulty getting my fork caps off.  I had the fork oil changed at 10K (better than a year ago), and it appears that the tech at H-D of Columbia hadn't gotten lucky in quite awhile as they were REALLY on there.

So.......I'm waiting.  Brought some work, so I have plenty to do.  The Traxxion facility is awesome.  First class operation.  Really looking forward to the ride home this afternoon.  Nothing like putting a new suspension to the test...............in the rain.

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
Re: Traxxion for Thumper
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2008, 12:29:51 PM »

Henry, it does look like you get to rain test Traxxion on your way home.  Ride safe.

Bet your bike rides a lot better in the twisties after this upgrade!
 :2vrolijk_21:
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2008, 01:39:09 PM »

You're goin' to love 'em.  Rain or not you'll notice the difference right away on stopping and acceleration as the bike sets so much better.

Don't push it in the rain though it may turn right out from under you :2vrolijk_21:

Say hi to Mike, I talked to him this am when I was looking for Dan.  I guess Dan's off today.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2008, 04:59:15 PM »

The air front suspension on a 2000 model is amazing.  It is.  It is.  It really is.  I just keep telling myself that.

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2008, 05:55:04 PM »

The air front suspension on a 2000 model is amazing.  It is.  It is.  It really is.  I just keep telling myself that.

Good try Don.

I hate to look at the list I have for the 2005 SEEG.  That's why the Nanner went straight to Traxxion while it was in the neighborhood.

It's amazing all the mods we have done to our current rides ::)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2008, 07:04:58 PM »

Good try Don.

I hate to look at the list I have for the 2005 SEEG.  That's why the Nanner went straight to Traxxion while it was in the neighborhood.

It's amazing all the mods we have done to our current rides ::)

The shopping list on the SEEG is certainly... well.... extreme.  Yet PJ and a few others have done some things even I'd not have gone after.  That being said it is likely a good thing I've not put a total cell in the spreadsheet that is used to track all that's on the red bike.

I'm not saying what comes next to placate myself either.  I'm actually quite surprised at how unbouncy the SERG is.  It's much better than the SEEG was pre-Traxxion.  It's lacking in suspension travel and suffers very limited rebound.  But OE it is better than the SEEG was by a decent margin.

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2008, 07:23:59 PM »

I had that on the 2000 Ultra and found it acceptable at the time.

REGGAB

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2008, 08:59:17 PM »

Got home about an hour ago.  Thought I was gonna thwart the rain....until I got just west of Ft. Payne......then the heavens opened....until I got to Rainsville......and it stopped.  Just enough to get the motorcycle real nasty.

Thumper is on a rail.  I've ridden other motorcycles with AK-20s, but you never REALLY know what you're missing until you have it done to YOUR motorcycle.  I gotta tell ya, those AK-20s ROCK!

AND...........air suspension SUCKS!  Get the AK-20s!   :2vrolijk_21:   :jack:  :jack:  :jack:  :jack:

Here's a picture of Thumper all torn down earlier today.

REGGAB

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2008, 09:05:49 PM »

DIRTY Motorcycle!  Needs a service too.  Here's a picture shortly after I got home today.  I'll pull the service and wash her tomorrow.  I cannot believe how much easier it is to ride now.  The difference is drastic.  Even in the rain, the AK-20s have the front end nailed to whatever line I'm on.  Couple that with Tracy's "Missing Link," and I can finally say that I am truely happy with the ride of this motorcycle.

REGGAB

« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2008, 09:07:16 PM »

Also picked up an AK-20 service kit.  Here's what they look like.

TWR

« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2008, 09:27:19 PM »

hi guess you didn't get any tickets on the way home ? just alittle wet thanks bro tracy
« Last Edit: March 14, 2008, 09:28:50 PM by twr »

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2008, 09:36:42 PM »

Glad you like it Henry.  I still vividly remember the jaw dropping and immediate difference when mine was done.  Then watching TC experience his the same way the next day. 

You'll of course pretty quickly get used to this being the new normal.  Then when you hop on someone else's bike you'll not be able to believe how much they suck up front.  I say this while trying to convince myself that the new old SERG is going to be just fine without the expense....

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2008, 10:33:51 PM »

It's one of the truely "no brainer" must does for our bikes.

Everyone I can recall that's done the mods has the same reaction. AWESOME :2vrolijk_21:

Makes riding that much more enjoyable.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2008, 10:41:22 PM »

It's one of the truely "no brainer" must does for our bikes.

Everyone I can recall that's done the mods has the same reaction. AWESOME :2vrolijk_21:

Makes riding that much more enjoyable.

Rog, that's why I'm very specifically intending not taking the SERG to CHL.  It'd be too close.  It might have to go whether I want it to or not.

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2008, 10:51:48 PM »

Rog, that's why I'm very specifically intending not taking the SERG to CHL.  It'd be too close.  It might have to go whether I want it to or not.

:ROFLOL:  I hear that, it would be just too easy to hit a loop to Woodstock on the CHL run. :2vrolijk_21: :bananarock:

I would be able to go from the SEUC to the SEEG and feel comfortable with only the SEUC having the mods.

Like REGGAB said, "you never REALLY know what you're missing until you have it done to YOUR motorcycle."

Trouble is you and I both do. :bananarock:
« Last Edit: March 14, 2008, 10:54:44 PM by Rjob749 »

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2008, 10:55:47 PM »

If only Traxxion didn't take all damn day to do the bike.
Wonder if they have done a SERG, I always love being the first so they can charge me for the education.

:nixweiss:     :nixweiss:     :nixweiss:

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2008, 11:04:56 PM »

If only Traxxion didn't take all damn day to do the bike.
Wonder if they have done a SERG, I always love being the first so they can charge me for the education.

:nixweiss:     :nixweiss:     :nixweiss:

Chip, when I was there with their first one it really was an all day thing.  From the opening bell to almost two hours after their normal closing time if I remember correctly.  TC's the next day was done by mid to late afternoon.  Have heard a few others say it's been only a half day thing sometimes.  Practice helps I guess.

Have to admit to already having eyeballed the legs on the SERG.  Shouldn't take any greater amount of time here than on the EGlide (I think).  Certainly something they could knock out ok.

You thinking we could cut out of CHL the middle day and head down there bright and early.  Give Traxxion two SERGs in one day and hit them up for a group discount :huepfenlol2: ?

REGGAB

« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2008, 11:22:19 PM »

I got there shortly before they opened this morning.  Seven hours later I was on the road.  Since I had things to do, and had the day blocked off, I wasn't too concerned about how long it took to do the job.  It was just good to be away from the workplace for awhile..........and I got to visit with my brother and his family.  They have Wifi at Traxxion, so that helped alot.  I'm not much of a movie watcher, but they had a gang of DVD movies in the break/conference room.  For the most part, today was a pretty chilled out day.  Really like the ride between here and Woodstock.  In both directions I traveled AL 35 to AL 9, which becomes GA 20 to I575 into Woodstock.  Last night I stayed on GA 20 until I got close to my brother's house.  He lives about 30 miles east of Woodstock.  Was going to go home today via I 75 to I 24 to US 72, but decided against it since it looked like most of the former route would be dry on the way home.  Got a little bit of twisty action but nothing too heavy.  Guess we'll save that for CHL.  Really looking forward to getting there.

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2008, 11:25:51 PM »

Twisties take on a whole new concept now Henry :2vrolijk_21:

REGGAB

« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2008, 11:33:35 PM »

Twisties take on a whole new concept now Henry :2vrolijk_21:

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking, Rog.  Got just a taste of 'em riding between AL 9 and Ft. Payne.  Couldn't really get into the ones west of Ft. Payne due to rain.  There were some decent ones on GA 20, but they were few and far between.  Better when it's one switchback after another with a decreasing radius/rising elevation randomly thrown in for better'n 20 miles.  That's what's so awesome about north Georgia.  Awesome riding.  If you're doin' it right, you'll be wore slap out by day's end.  I am so ready to get up there.

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2008, 01:49:50 PM »

Glad you're pleased, Henry, but there was never any doubt about that.  You'll appreciate the difference even more when you are at CHL in a couple of weeks.

Don, might as well quit fighting it, you know it's going to happen sooner or later... ;)
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

REGGAB

« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2008, 02:03:40 PM »

Glad you're pleased, Henry, but there was never any doubt about that.  You'll appreciate the difference even more when you are at CHL in a couple of weeks.

Don, might as well quit fighting it, you know it's going to happen sooner or later... ;)

Yessir.  After tooling around on Wanda June when we were in Tuscumbia last June, I was pretty much done in.  Was just a matter of saving disposable capital at that point.  Once that was accomplished, I had to work around the weather, a new job, and finding the 24 hours required to make it happen.  I am so glad I finally did this.  Well worth the wait and expense.

You know Terry...........some people have to learn the hard way.  I'm one of those people.  I appear to be in good company.  Perhaps Twolane will wise up and pony up the cabbage.  With his technical skills, the effort should involve nothing more than fork removal, packaging, shipping, one week of downtime, reassembly, and a test ride.  Though my technical skills don't even come close  ::) to those of the gentleman from Joplin, I intend to do just that when I get ready to upgrade the Sporty.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2008, 02:20:17 PM »

Yessir.  After tooling around on Wanda June when we were in Tuscumbia last June, I was pretty much done in.  Was just a matter of saving disposable capital at that point.  Once that was accomplished, I had to work around the weather, a new job, and finding the 24 hours required to make it happen.  I am so glad I finally did this.  Well worth the wait and expense.

You know Terry...........some people have to learn the hard way.  I'm one of those people.  I appear to be in good company.  Perhaps Twolane will wise up and pony up the cabbage.  With his technical skills, the effort should involve nothing more than fork removal, packaging, shipping, one week of downtime, reassembly, and a test ride.  Though my technical skills don't even come close  ::) to those of the gentleman from Joplin, I intend to do just that when I get ready to upgrade the Sporty.

I know the improvement is worthwhile Henry.  Hell, I'm the guinea pig that found Traxxion to begin with and started the parade.  Especially with the two sitting side by side the comparative rides will be harder to accept.  Teasing myself more than anyone else right now that it might be ok the way it is over the long haul.  Over the shorter term, however, I'm not going to mess with it.  Not the time nor the inclination to screw with the down and another project right now.  It stays running completely and in tact until some other chores are put to be.  When it can be recreational rather than potentially nuisance maintenace I'll think about it more realistically.

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 cvo roadglide
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO StreetKing
« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2008, 02:31:49 PM »

Congratulations Henry. I know you've been itching to get this done!

On another note..Like you guys have said, you soon expect the better ride. So, what I'm going to say, may just be in my head. It seems to me my front end with the Ak-20's isn't as tight as it once was. I was laying it over in a curve at 95 earlier this week, and the front suspension seemed to be .......what's the word???? It seemed to be just short of the front wheel skipping. Has anyone had to make any adjustments to their AK-20s? I'm pretty sure there's an adjustment, but, can a dumass country boy like myself adjust it? 
It's not the destination. It's the Journey.

REGGAB

« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2008, 02:36:21 PM »

On another note..Like you guys have said, you soon expect the better ride. So, what I'm going to say, may just be in my head. It seems to me my front end with the Ak-20's isn't as tight as it once was. I was laying it over in a curve at 95 earlier this week, and the front suspension seemed to be .......what's the word???? It seemed to be just short of the front wheel skipping. Has anyone had to make any adjustments to their AK-20s? I'm pretty sure there's an adjustment, but, can a dumass country boy like myself adjust it? 

Star adjusters on top of the forks.  They're there.  I just haven't figgered 'em out yet.  As to the later question, you need ET fingers to get to 'em.  Don't think "Country Boy" has much to do with it.  Looks simple, if you can get to the adjusters.  Just a matter of figgerin' 'em out at that point.  You did well with the Bitubos.  Let us know when you get the AK-20s figgered.   :2vrolijk_21:

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2008, 02:41:55 PM »

Star adjusters on top of the forks.  They're there.  I just haven't figgered 'em out yet.  As to the later question, you need ET fingers to get to 'em.  Don't think "Country Boy" has much to do with it.  Looks simple, if you can get to the adjusters.  Just a matter of figgerin' 'em out at that point.  You did well with the Bitubos.  Let us know when you get the AK-20s figgered.   :2vrolijk_21:

This may take a call to Dan. I thought there were adjusters, but, knowing how I can screw things up...

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2008, 02:50:32 PM »

You can adjust them, Ken. By turning the star shaped adjusters on top of the fork tubes.  Getting to them on the Ultra is the hard part, so Traxxion sets them up for a good "average", based on what you told them about weight, riding style, etc.  I think you can get to the adjusters by removing he lower inner fairing (the one that the ignition switch is on top of).  In my conversations with Max, small adjustments make large differences, so 1/4 turns is all it takes.  Fork oil temps play a part in how the cartridges work, so in colder weather the ride might be a bit firmer than in warmer weather.  1/4 turn clockwise will firm it up, and 1/4 turn counterclockwise will soften (the compression damping).  On the V, I have made some small adjustments for ambient air temps, and you can tell a little difference.  As the weather warms up, the front end might get back to the way it felt before, or when you're really working the front end in the twisties and the oil heats up from friction and flow through the valving.

Were you riding on a cold day?  If so, I'd probably leave it alone until the weather warms up a bit and see if that makes a difference.

TTS Mastertune

REGGAB

« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2008, 02:52:29 PM »

This may take a call to Dan. I thought there were adjusters, but, knowing how I can screw things up...

Like I said, you were 180 degrees out from screwin' up the Bitubos.  I'm hoping you can help me with mine when we get to CHL.

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2008, 02:54:42 PM »

You can adjust them, Ken. By turning the star shaped adjusters on top of the fork tubes.  Getting to them on the Ultra is the hard part, so Traxxion sets them up for a good "average", based on what you told them about weight, riding style, etc.  I think you can get to the adjusters by removing he lower inner fairing (the one that the ignition switch is on top of).  In my conversations with Max, small adjustments make large differences, so 1/4 turns is all it takes.  Fork oil temps play a part in how the cartridges work, so in colder weather the ride might be a bit firmer than in warmer weather.  1/4 turn clockwise will firm it up, and 1/4 turn counterclockwise will soften (the compression damping).  On the V, I have made some small adjustments for ambient air temps, and you can tell a little difference.  As the weather warms up, the front end might get back to the way it felt before, or when you're really working the front end in the twisties and the oil heats up from friction and flow through the valving.

Were you riding on a cold day?  If so, I'd probably leave it alone until the weather warms up a bit and see if that makes a difference.

Thanks Terry, That helps tremendously. If I hear what you're saying...I need to firm it up a little. It is acutally feeling LESS firm than it was originally. It was a 65 degree day I was riding. From now on, it'll only get warmer, and thus less firm if I hear what you're saying.

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2008, 02:55:26 PM »

49.3 Degrees! I'm riding..see yawl later.

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2008, 03:04:56 PM »

Thanks Terry, That helps tremendously. If I hear what you're saying...I need to firm it up a little. It is acutally feeling LESS firm than it was originally. It was a 65 degree day I was riding. From now on, it'll only get warmer, and thus less firm if I hear what you're saying.

That's what Max told me on the V...1/4 in for hot weather, 1/4 out in the cold.  The key is small, incremental adjustments.

TTS Mastertune

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2008, 03:43:48 PM »

In under the switch cap.  You can see them without removing the cap.  I snugged mine up a 1/4 turn last fall.  Good as new.

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2008, 04:26:56 PM »

The star adjusters on the top of the forks are rebound adjusters, not compression adjusters. There is some "crosstalk" between the two circuits (compression and rebound), but the primary adjustment is for rebound. Tightening down further on the adjuster will slow down the extension of the forks, so as stated before, adjust in small increments.

I haven't made any adjustments yet, but I don't have that many miles on mine yet.

:indian_chief:

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2008, 06:05:01 PM »

well chit..ask 2 people...GET two answers. LET'S Start a poll!! ;D

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #34 on: March 15, 2008, 07:26:42 PM »

well chit..ask 2 people...GET two answers. LET'S Start a poll!! ;D

To settle it, look at the "Fork Checklist" paper they gave you with your forks. Down at the bottom right, they have indicated where they set the adjustment. There is a "C" (compression) blank and an "R" (rebound) blank. Only one of them will have a value. My money is on the "R" blank. ;)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #35 on: March 15, 2008, 07:36:48 PM »

Congrats Henry! So let's see. You have an engine, suspension, you're getting a 6-speed tranny. How about new brakes? Can't do that without new wheels too! ::)

Seriously, enjoy the new suspension as I know you will. I couldn't live without one an HD anymore. I'm spoiled now. Have a safe trip and I'll see you tomorrow! :2vrolijk_21:

Aight den!!! ;D ;D ;D

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

REGGAB

« Reply #36 on: March 15, 2008, 08:54:18 PM »

To settle it, look at the "Fork Checklist" paper they gave you with your forks. Down at the bottom right, they have indicated where they set the adjustment. There is a "C" (compression) blank and an "R" (rebound) blank. Only one of them will have a value. My money is on the "R" blank. ;)

:nixweiss:  What "Fork Checklist?"   :nixweiss:  The only paper I received was a receipt.

REGGAB

« Reply #37 on: March 15, 2008, 09:02:58 PM »

Congrats Henry! So let's see. You have an engine, suspension, you're getting a 6-speed tranny. How about new brakes? Can't do that without new wheels too! ::)

Seriously, enjoy the new suspension as I know you will. I couldn't live without one an HD anymore. I'm spoiled now. Have a safe trip and I'll see you tomorrow! :2vrolijk_21:

Aight den!!! ;D ;D ;D

Hoist! 8)

Well Howie, after yesterday, that Baker is closer to a "want" than a "getting."  Little further down the road.  It'll happen...........eventually.
I'm quite pleased with the Lyndall Z pads, and I REALLY like my wheels.  I never cared much for anything other than 16" wheels on a bagger anyway.  Something about those big rims with low profile, wider tires reminds of leisure suits, silk shirts with long collars and sailboat prints, bell bottom polyester slacks, and platform patent leather shoes.  Much too "disco" for me.   ;D

I'll be at LGA between 11am and 1pm.  I'll give you a holler before I leave ATL.  Nothing like first class on a 757 for 2.25 hours.

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #38 on: March 15, 2008, 09:03:58 PM »

:nixweiss:  What "Fork Checklist?"   :nixweiss:  The only paper I received was a receipt.
Hmmmm. I forgot if I got it from Mike or Dan. It's their checklist with all of their measuremens and quantities like spacer sizes, fluid measurements, spring rates and all of the other specification information about my units. It states that the rebound adjustment is set at 1 3/4 turns. The compression setting is striked out since there isn't any compression adjustment.

since I got it I thought/assumed everyone got it. Maybe it's something they file and didn't mean for me to get. :nixweiss:

REGGAB

« Reply #39 on: March 15, 2008, 09:07:44 PM »

Hmmmm. I forgot if I got it from Mike or Dan. It's their checklist with all of their measuremens and quantities like spacer sizes, fluid measurements, spring rates and all of the other specification information about my units. It states that the rebound adjustment is set at 1 3/4 turns. The compression setting is striked out since there isn't any compression adjustment.

since I got it I thought/assumed everyone got it. Maybe it's something they file and didn't mean for me to get. :nixweiss:

Could be you got it from Dan.  He was out yesterday.  I'll give him a call Monday.  Good info to have.  Thanks.

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #40 on: March 15, 2008, 10:01:47 PM »

HaHaHaHa, ForkChecklist papers? I can't even find my driver's license most of the time.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #41 on: March 16, 2008, 02:20:26 AM »

I didn't even get that.  But it was two hours after closing and no one wanted to do anything but ride home  :huepfenlol2:

They mailed it out though.  I think it even beat me home.

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #42 on: March 16, 2008, 02:23:37 AM »

I didn't even get that.  But it was two hours after closing and no one wanted to do anything but ride home  :huepfenlol2:

They mailed it out though.  I think it even beat me home.

I have two boxes of the take off stuff, I wonder if it's in that from when they shipped it back?  :nixweiss: :bananarock:

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #43 on: March 16, 2008, 02:28:45 AM »

I have two boxes of the take off stuff, I wonder if it's in that from when they shipped it back?  :nixweiss: :bananarock:

:oops:  Even though I didn't care about keeping them they sent my old springs and other bits home via UPS.  Never even thought to open up that box...  Someone might have got my sheet when they bought my old leg guts through eBay :huepfenlol2: .

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #44 on: March 16, 2008, 02:30:31 AM »

:oops:  Even though I didn't care about keeping them they sent my old springs and other bits home via UPS.  Never even thought to open up that box...  Someone might have got my sheet when they bought my old leg guts through eBay :huepfenlol2: .

I wondered if they'd be worth anything?  What do you think a ballpark is for them Don?

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #45 on: March 16, 2008, 02:32:58 AM »

I wondered if they'd be worth anything?  What do you think a ballpark is for them Don?

I described them as the lowering package they are.  It's always about lucking in to the right buyer.  But some guy ended up paying $85 bucks responding to the listing.  It paid for gas money to ride back and forth to Traxxion Dynamics :huepfenlol2: .

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #46 on: March 16, 2008, 02:34:28 AM »

I described them as the lowering package they are.  It's always about lucking in to the right buyer.  But some guy ended up paying $85 bucks responding to the listing.  It paid for gas money to ride back and forth to Traxxion Dynamics :huepfenlol2: .

Maybe I'll give that a shot, what the heck.  The ones off the SEUC only had 1,000 miles or so and I have the rears too.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #47 on: March 16, 2008, 02:38:55 AM »

Maybe I'll give that a shot, what the heck.  The ones off the SEUC only had 1,000 miles or so and I have the rears too.

My stock rears and all the lines have been gone since the bike was a week old.  As new take offs I remember they got 85% of MSRP.  Couldn't believe that folks were paying more responding to an eBay ad then they'd spend if they ordered from Chicago Harley.

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2010 SEUC-accident victim-gone
    • CVO3: 2005 SEEG-traded on 2010
« Reply #48 on: March 16, 2008, 05:49:15 PM »

I am disappointed in how the adjusters work as there is no feel to them when you turn them.  I would rather have something that clicked.  On installation, I turned the knobs all the way in until lightly seated and then backed off the number of turns per Traxxion's sheet.  Then put a dot on the knob and on the  upper cap.

I did the Heat Demon's last Oct (had the lower inner fairing cap off) and the one fork knob still turned free and the other one was really stiff and then broke loose and turned free.

Don most have had his niece reach underneath and turn his adjusters without taking the lower cap off.

Henry-What comes in the rebuild kit you had pictured?  I assumed I would send my forks back when I got 25K on them?  What is everyone else going to do?   Only have 11k on them thus far.     :nixweiss:

REGGAB

« Reply #49 on: March 16, 2008, 06:37:14 PM »

I am disappointed in how the adjusters work as there is no feel to them when you turn them.  I would rather have something that clicked.  On installation, I turned the knobs all the way in until lightly seated and then backed off the number of turns per Traxxion's sheet.  Then put a dot on the knob and on the  upper cap.

I did the Heat Demon's last Oct (had the lower inner fairing cap off) and the one fork knob still turned free and the other one was really stiff and then broke loose and turned free.

Don most have had his niece reach underneath and turn his adjusters without taking the lower cap off.

Henry-What comes in the rebuild kit you had pictured?  I assumed I would send my forks back when I got 25K on them?  What is everyone else going to do?   Only have 11k on them thus far.     :nixweiss:
I haven't had time to open the packages, read the literature, and figure out the tools.  They're still laying on my workbench back home....just like you see them in the picture.  Best I can tell, one package has a spring compression tool and a tool to keep them compressed during servicing.  Another package has a syringe with a plastic hose, metal tube, and what I'll call a "depth gauge," so the correct amount of oil can be added.  The three hex bits range from 6mm to 10mm.  Mike wasn't sure which one I needed, so he gave me those three, but thinks it is 8mm.  That tool is used to loosen the screw holding the cartridge to the bottom of the fork, from what he told me.  I'll dissect it when I get back home, but that might be awhile.  As soon as I return from this trip, Renea and I are headed to CHL.  The day after CHL, I'm headed back up here until at least the middle of April..........

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #50 on: April 15, 2008, 01:26:18 AM »

No checklist in my box
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #51 on: April 15, 2008, 07:47:16 AM »

No checklist in my box

Hmmmmm. Since I hand delivered and picked up my forks I guess that's not the norm.

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• Porthole II
« Reply #52 on: April 19, 2008, 01:00:56 PM »

Called and was told they normally do put the list in the box.

MV 2013

Grover

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #53 on: April 29, 2008, 09:15:02 PM »

Called and was told they normally do put the list in the box.

I had the sheet in mine.

I installed forks, but haven't been able to get them out on the road yet. Hopefully in a few weeks it'll be off the lift and on the tarmac.

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• Porthole II
« Reply #54 on: April 29, 2008, 10:54:45 PM »

I had the sheet in mine.

I installed forks, but haven't been able to get them out on the road yet. Hopefully in a few weeks it'll be off the lift and on the tarmac.

You did and I didn't, and our forks were there almost the same time.

MV 2013

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #55 on: April 30, 2008, 02:35:12 AM »

I had the sheet in mine.

You'll love them.  I have a couple hundred miles on the SEEG and they're every bit as good on it as the SEUC. :2vrolijk_21:

Rooster452

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 07 SERK
« Reply #56 on: May 03, 2008, 11:16:42 PM »

Great ride! Highly recommend.....
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]

Page created in 0.32 seconds with 21 queries.