Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]

Author Topic: Traxxion ride report!  (Read 7264 times)

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
Traxxion ride report!
« on: May 26, 2008, 05:24:29 PM »

Took a trip up north this weekend - over a thousand miles on my new motor and on my new Traxxion front forks.  All I can say about the Traxxion's is they are simply amazing.  Exceeded my expectations in all regard - even after listening to all of you Traxxion veteran's talk about them for the past months.  Probably the single most impressive addition to any bike I have ever owned...  Can't ever imagine having a bike without them...  I would not have known about them if it were not for this sight~!!   Thanks to those of you who tried them first and introduced them to the rest of us...  I am not sure who that would be - but whoever it was...thanks!  :2vrolijk_21:
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

SPIDERMAN

Re: Traxxion ride report!
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2008, 05:39:00 PM »

Took a trip up north this weekend - over a thousand miles on my new motor and on my new Traxxion front forks.  All I can say about the Traxxion's is they are simply amazing.  Exceeded my expectations in all regard - even after listening to all of you Traxxion veteran's talk about them for the past months.  Probably the single most impressive addition to any bike I have ever owned...  Can't ever imagine having a bike without them...  I would not have known about them if it were not for this sight~!!   Thanks to those of you who tried them first and introduced them to the rest of us...  I am not sure who that would be - but whoever it was...thanks!  :2vrolijk_21:

Thanks for the post - - - - - - I think. I love it when people help me either increase my credit card balance or reduce my savings account balance. But hearing yet another testionial for this mod finishes it for me. I've yet to speak to anyone who hasn't said just waht you're saying above sadunbar

I'm thinking of buying a spare set of tubes and chrome lower legs and sending them off the TD. From everything I've read and heard about the TD front end, there's no way I could sell a bike and give away a $1,200 mod that I'm sure I'd be as impressed with as everyone else. Hope springs eternal that H-D will issue another round of CVO Road Glides. I'm gonna wait til the 09's come out and if there's no SERG, I will pop for the TD front end for LD for sure. Then if there's an 2010 SERG, I'll drop the TD off LD and sell it with the stock H-D suspension. Actually LD's better than any of the EG models as it has a modified cartridge front end and stiffer springs. Nothing to compare with the TD, but better than the other bagger models.

B B

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
    • IL

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2008, 05:50:12 PM »

Thanks for the post - - - - - - I think. I love it when people help me either increase my credit card balance or reduce my savings account balance. But hearing yet another testionial for this mod finishes it for me. I've yet to speak to anyone who hasn't said just waht you're saying above sadunbar

I'm thinking of buying a spare set of tubes and chrome lower legs and sending them off the TD. From everything I've read and heard about the TD front end, there's no way I could sell a bike and give away a $1,200 mod that I'm sure I'd be as impressed with as everyone else. Hope springs eternal that H-D will issue another round of CVO Road Glides. I'm gonna wait til the 09's come out and if there's no SERG, I will pop for the TD front end for LD for sure. Then if there's an 2010 SERG, I'll drop the TD off LD and sell it with the stock H-D suspension. Actually LD's better than any of the EG models as it has a modified cartridge front end and stiffer springs. Nothing to compare with the TD, but better than the other bagger models.

B B

That is exactly what I did - between a 25% discount weekend at the local dealer and accumulated chrome cash from the HD Visa Card - I didn't have to lay any cash on the table.  Then I sent the chrome forks and new uppers to Dan at Traxxion - a week later, I had them back ready to go...
Screamin Eagle 120r
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

erniezap

• Global Moderator
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SEUC - Black/Orange
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2008, 09:42:43 PM »

Jim (HD-Dude) is an authorized dealer/installer for Traxxion.  Brian, maybe a little weekend road trip?
2012 Black/Orange SEUC

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2008, 09:47:08 PM »

Glad to hear your motor's doing well and the bike's running fine Scott! Have I ever steered anyone wrong? ::) ??? ;D ;)

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
    • IL

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2008, 09:48:19 PM »

Glad to hear your motor's doing well and the bike's running fine Scott! Have I ever steered anyone wrong? ::) ??? ;D ;)

Hoist! 8)

:2vrolijk_21:
Screamin Eagle 120r
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2008, 10:52:26 PM »

Jim (HD-Dude) is an authorized dealer/installer for Traxxion.  Brian, maybe a little weekend road trip?

Are you kidding me ? I'm in hock to Jim for parts that haven't even been released by the Mfgr yet and now you want me to ante up $1,200. 

Ok, how about I send you the bill ?  Rumor has it your great great great grandfather was the one who found the motherlode at Sutter's Mill.

B B

REGGAB

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2008, 08:27:37 AM »

Congrats on getting your AK-20s, Scott.  They do make for a great ride and go very well with a set of Bitubos.  Enjoy!   :2vrolijk_21:

erniezap

• Global Moderator
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SEUC - Black/Orange
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2008, 08:59:32 AM »

Are you kidding me ? I'm in hock to Jim for parts that haven't even been released by the Mfgr yet and now you want me to ante up $1,200. 

Ok, how about I send you the bill ?  Rumor has it your great great great grandfather was the one who found the motherlode at Sutter's Mill.

B B

If that was true, I'd have them in both of my bikes!  ;D
2012 Black/Orange SEUC

WaSEEG

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2008, 10:51:02 PM »

Well, I have to chime in here.  Jim installed my Traxxion kit yesterday evening.  I was prepared to be disappointed as I was sure those spending the bucks for the TD cartridges would never say the money was wasted, even if it was.  Goodby mushiness.  Goodby front end dive on braking.  Goodby the vague feeling in the front end when cornering.  Good by the bone jarring klunks when you hit an unexpected hole or bump.  Etc. Etc.  The front end just feels more precise.  As far as I'm concerned the Traxxion kit is a must, especially for those with the '05 front ends.  My wifes FLHX alway seemed more precise than my SEEG.  No more.  The difference was noticeable in the first turn.  The bike also seems more stable at extra legal speeds.  Don't get me wrong, I'm no speed demon in the North California twisties but I picked up several mph through the really tight stuff.  This kit really does work.  You will not be sorry. 

Thanks to all who posted earlier with their experiences.  And a special thanks to Jim (hd-dude) for dealing with my wife and I for 4 hours while trying to run his business.  If you are in his neighborhood you couldn't go wrong with asking him to work on your bike.  He's going to be working his business full time ( I hope I can say this) so send some business his way.
'05 SEEG
PC III usb
SE Air Filter
Freedom Pipes
Freedom Cam
SE 6-speed
VPC
Wild -1 575's
Garmin Zumo 660
Traxxion AK-20's
300mm Bitubo's

'06 Tiara S/4300

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2008, 12:07:07 AM »

Well, I have to chime in here.  Jim installed my Traxxion kit yesterday evening.  I was prepared to be disappointed as I was sure those spending the bucks for the TD cartridges would never say the money was wasted, even if it was.  Goodby mushiness.  Goodby front end dive on braking.  Goodby the vague feeling in the front end when cornering.  Good by the bone jarring klunks when you hit an unexpected hole or bump.  Etc. Etc.  The front end just feels more precise.  As far as I'm concerned the Traxxion kit is a must, especially for those with the '05 front ends.  My wifes FLHX alway seemed more precise than my SEEG.  No more.  The difference was noticeable in the first turn.  The bike also seems more stable at extra legal speeds.  Don't get me wrong, I'm no speed demon in the North California twisties but I picked up several mph through the really tight stuff.  This kit really does work.  You will not be sorry. 

Thanks to all who posted earlier with their experiences.  And a special thanks to Jim (hd-dude) for dealing with my wife and I for 4 hours while trying to run his business.  If you are in his neighborhood you couldn't go wrong with asking him to work on your bike.  He's going to be working his business full time ( I hope I can say this) so send some business his way.

Dan;

I'm really happy you like the AK-20's, It was great meeting you and the wife and I enjoyed the conversation. Thanks for the kind words also! I hope to see you both again soon.

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2008, 02:51:06 AM »

:bananarock: :pepper: :cucumber:  It has to be the biggest "no brainer" addition a guy can make to the bikes.

After having them on the 06 SEUC, I wasn't even interested in riding the new 05 SEEG without getting the Traxxions on it first.

If I didn't do any other mod it would be the one I'd do every time.

Glad to hear there are no non-believers among those with the mod.  Now, did ya'll get the ass end taken care of at the same time?

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2008, 11:04:03 PM »

:bananarock: :pepper: :cucumber:  It has to be the biggest "no brainer" addition a guy can make to the bikes.

After having them on the 06 SEUC, I wasn't even interested in riding the new 05 SEEG without getting the Traxxions on it first.

If I didn't do any other mod it would be the one I'd do every time.

Glad to hear there are no non-believers among those with the mod.  Now, did ya'll get the ass end taken care of at the same time?

What did you put in the back?

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2008, 11:53:02 PM »

What did you put in the back?

Progressives on the SEUC before they had Bitubos and then Bitubos on the SEEG.

Love 'em both but the Bitubos give better adjustment.

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2008, 07:13:01 AM »

Progressives on the SEUC before they had Bitubos and then Bitubos on the SEEG.

Love 'em both but the Bitubos give better adjustment.

Hard10's now digging through all the couch cushions looking for change as his future suspension upgrades now involve both ends of the motorcycle. At least that way you don't have to decide which end to do first. :2vrolijk_21:

:indian_chief:

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2008, 07:37:02 AM »

Hard10's now digging through all the couch cushions looking for change as his future suspension upgrades now involve both ends of the motorcycle. At least that way you don't have to decide which end to do first. :2vrolijk_21:

:indian_chief:

It's not like I didn't believe what all the guys before were saying about the Traxxion upgrade, but sadunbar's report and another one I read somewhere around here recently have me doing the same thing.  Even after (brief) rides on a couple of different member's bikes last year that had the Traxxion front-end, I was able to talk myself out of going ahead with this (expensive :o) upgrade.  But this is just one of those mods where you consistently hear zero negative reports and all glowing positive remarks.

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2008, 07:47:02 AM »

It's not like I didn't believe what all the guys before were saying about the Traxxion upgrade, but sadunbar's report and another one I read somewhere around here recently have me doing the same thing.  Even after (brief) rides on a couple of different member's bikes last year that had the Traxxion front-end, I was able to talk myself out of going ahead with this (expensive :o) upgrade.  But this is just one of those mods where you consistently hear zero negative reports and all glowing positive remarks.

With all that above said, get off the hip and get er done!

:2vrolijk_21:

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

hard10

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2008, 09:19:58 AM »

Ya know Brian, I was the same way. I rode Chief's around Atlanta and couldn't really tell a $1200 difference. It seems though that I may have been premature in that assessment. There sure does seem to be  a lot of people with them that are happy. Now I haven't heard anyone give it the glowing review that I gave Puzzled's $25 chrome shifter spacer. ;D

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2008, 11:14:27 AM »

If  you really want to be convinced you have to do it (the comparison) in reverse order.  The difference is real; no kidding.  And it really is significant.  It does make the bike handle a lot better.  But if you really want to be shown how much you need to ride one with the change for awhile.  Get used to it being there.  Then get back on a stock bike.

The SERG is actually much much better stock then the SEEG was.  It's really not bad.  But it's still a night and day difference in the front compared to the SEEG.

REGGAB

« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2008, 11:37:55 AM »

If  you really want to be convinced you have to do it (the comparison) in reverse order.  The difference is real; no kidding.  And it really is significant.  It does make the bike handle a lot better.  But if you really want to be shown how much you need to ride one with the change for awhile.  Get used to it being there.  Then get back on a stock bike.

The SERG is actually much much better stock then the SEEG was.  It's really not bad.  But it's still a night and day difference in the front compared to the SEEG.

That's what I need to do then.  Granted, Thumper handles MUCH MUCH better now than she did before AK-20s and Bitubos, but I've become accustomed to having a nice riding machine since those mods.  I recall statements from those who rode her before the mods.......after having same mods done to their machines.........and their responses were those of "Henry, you desperately need to take Thumper to Traxxion Dynamics and have the AK-20s installed."  Maybe when I do ride a stock bike again, the difference will be more dramatic.  Right now, it is normal, but damn sweet!

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2008, 03:37:51 PM »

I have been trying to schedule getting to Memphis for sometime now to do a comparison ride on Elvis. I put a lot of sweet miles on that bike and it's hard to imagine it could be any better, but Mark swears it is and I believe him. (just want an excuse to ride Big E again  ;D)

B B

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2008, 07:06:08 PM »

I have been trying to schedule getting to Memphis for sometime now to do a comparison ride on Elvis. I put a lot of sweet miles on that bike and it's hard to imagine it could be any better, but Mark swears it is and I believe him. (just want an excuse to ride Big E again  ;D)

B B

Simsalabim.

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2008, 07:12:50 PM »

Simsalabim.

Will the pretty lady at the Jet Blue counter accept that in lieu of cash ?  ???

B B

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2008, 07:14:13 PM »

Simsalabim.
Ok, who would have thought I'd join a motorcycle forum and it would increase my vocabulary, but this word isn't even in Merriam-Webster Online dictionary. However it did suggest sinsemilla as possible the word I was trying to spell. :beatnik2: :bananarock:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

FNGw/08SERK

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SERG
« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2008, 08:26:14 PM »

Ok, who would have thought I'd join a motorcycle forum and it would increase my vocabulary, but this word isn't even in Merriam-Webster Online dictionary. However it did suggest sinsemilla as possible the word I was trying to spell. :beatnik2: :bananarock:

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
It may be of Twolanerider dialecto??  :nixweiss: Is there a Twolanerider-Webster Online version??  :huepfenlol2:

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2008, 08:29:52 PM »

Howie,
You're probably right. Unfortunately there is no online dictionary (other then here when he sees it and replies to what the meaning is). :nixweiss:

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2008, 10:02:37 PM »

Ride Safe,
Fired00d

Dood, don't be a literal dinglefart.  Simsalabim is the secret word Brian told me I always had to remember to get a ride on Elvis.  If he's going to visit the bike in Memphis now that Elvis is living there I thought he might need to use it himself.

hard10

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2008, 10:04:46 PM »

Ride Safe,
Fired00d

I should have listened to BB earlier and not read the whole thread first. But alas, I went straight to the online dictionary also and came up with:
stizolobium

noun
genus of tropical herbs and woody vines having trifoliate leaves and showy flowers in axillary clusters [syn: genus Mucuna]

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #28 on: May 30, 2008, 10:08:54 PM »

Dood, don't be a literal dinglefart.  Simsalabim is the secret word Brian told me I always had to remember to get a ride on Elvis.  If he's going to visit the bike in Memphis now that Elvis is living there I thought he might need to use it himself.
Sometimes I have no other choice when it comes to your posts. :P Besides I was more impressed w/the word it suggested I was trying to spell.... maybe  a flashback or something I just can't remember. ;) :bananarock: ;D

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #29 on: May 30, 2008, 10:19:46 PM »

Sometimes I have no other choice when it comes to your posts. :P Besides I was more impressed w/the word it suggested I was trying to spell.... maybe  a flashback or something I just can't remember. ;) :bananarock: ;D

Ride Safe,
Fired00d

Sinsemilla?  You mean you got this old and never knew about magic pot? :huepfenlol2:

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #30 on: May 30, 2008, 10:24:47 PM »

Sinsemilla?  You mean you got this old and never knew about magic pot? :huepfenlol2:
Hint, hint... ;)

.... maybe  a flashback or something I just can't remember. ;) :bananarock: ;D

Flashback would be something I have/had experienced before, not remembering.... oh well you know what they say about the "short term memory loss". :D

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #31 on: May 30, 2008, 10:26:59 PM »

Flashback would be something I have/had experienced before, not remembering.... oh well you know what they say about the "short term memory loss". :D

Ride Safe,
Fired00d

Sorry, I don't remember 8) ?

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #32 on: May 30, 2008, 10:32:40 PM »

Now you understand. :2vrolijk_21: :beatnik2:

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2008, 06:29:19 PM »

Prettiest shade of purple you ever saw in the blossoms.

I always thought that was the inspiration for Jimi Hendrick's Purple Haze

B B
     PS
        d00d , AJ  Look up Arabian Nights and see if Simsalabin comes up anywhere. The genie in Aladin's lamp said it when he granted wishes

Pages: 1 2 3 [All]

Page created in 0.282 seconds with 21 queries.