Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Works vs Progressive 440  (Read 1306 times)

HOGMIKE

• 1K CVO Member
  • 65 FLH 93" + others
Works vs Progressive 440
« on: December 21, 2009, 08:03:23 PM »

Visited Works today and re-installed my new shocks. (They changed springs a couple of time, and set the pre-load.)

Rode about 200 miles back home to give them a comparison vs. the Progressives.
The Works are their "Street Trackers" with ARS and the Progressives are their 440's
Both are 13". I would give a very slight nod to the Works at this point. The true test will be riding 2-up and loaded. I will do that sometime next week.
The Works are about $500, the 440's are about $400. (list)
I will keep my 440's on one of the other bikes for now as they seem to work just fine (those are 12")
I'll give an update sometime when we do some 2-up riding.

HOGMIKE

HOGMIKE

• 1K CVO Member
  • 65 FLH 93" + others
Re: Works vs Progressive 440
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2009, 06:52:36 PM »

Visited Works today and re-installed my new shocks. (They changed springs a couple of time, and set the pre-load.)

Rode about 200 miles back home to give them a comparison vs. the Progressives.
The Works are their "Street Trackers" with ARS and the Progressives are their 440's
Both are 13". I would give a very slight nod to the Works at this point. The true test will be riding 2-up and loaded. I will do that sometime next week.
The Works are about $500, the 440's are about $400. (list)
I will keep my 440's on one of the other bikes for now as they seem to work just fine (those are 12")
I'll give an update sometime when we do some 2-up riding.

I had a chance to do a little 2-up riding yesterday to the beach and back. I like my new Works shocks. I played with the settings a little to get the smooth ride for 2-up. The BSR likes the ride!!
Seemed to be better 2-up than the Progressive 440's. Ride quality was a little better also. No bottoming out.
Works is doing a little R&D on these shocks, making a few improvements but, didn't give me a time-line when that will happen.
I do not think the overall shock will change much, just some cosmetic changes.
Honest assessment: I like the Works just marginally better than the 440's, only because the ride quality is a little better 2-up. We'll see next month when I load up the trailer and head out to AZ for a week or so.
I got a couple pics also.
HOGMIKE

HOGMIKE

• 1K CVO Member
  • 65 FLH 93" + others
Re: Works vs Progressive 440
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2009, 06:53:29 PM »

Last shot.
HOGMIKE

Page created in 0.122 seconds with 21 queries.