Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8  All

Author Topic: CVO Road King 2014 auxiliary lights  (Read 49668 times)

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
Re: CVO Road King 2014 auxiliary lights
« Reply #75 on: January 12, 2015, 05:24:49 PM »

Ha heated grips. I've been using Garbing heated gloves for years, they are tops  :)
With the lack of wind protection on the 13 SERK, especially with 14 apes, Gerbing Heated gloves are not enough in the 20's.  Love the heated grips I added.  Also allows in cool weather, not cold to get away with a light weight glove.
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

Puma

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NJ

• CVO1: 2014 FLHRSE Dragula 2, SESTP, C&C Fastback
« Reply #76 on: January 12, 2015, 09:33:06 PM »

A few more pictures...
How do you like the power duals? I've hears some say they drag easily. I say as long as the floorboards touch first it shouldn't be a big deal.
2014 CVO Road King: Titianium/Black, Dragula 2 (2-1), SESTP, C&C Fastback

jpdchicago

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHRSE 2014
« Reply #77 on: January 13, 2015, 12:59:02 AM »

How do you like the power duals? I've hears some say they drag easily. I say as long as the floorboards touch first it shouldn't be a big deal.

I Love the power duals! I have not been able to drag them, even in tight cornering. The floor boards touch first...
I have true duals on my other bike (a stage 2 - 2003 road king classic) and the power duals feel a lot more powerful with tons of low end torque. Both bikes have monster rounds on them and the monster rounds get tiring on long trips with the true duals. Not with the power duals. I wear ear plugs on any trips over 100 miles anyway, mostly for wind noise. Can still hear and enjoy the pipes.

casbar

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2014 RK
« Reply #78 on: January 13, 2015, 06:39:14 AM »

With the lack of wind protection on the 13 SERK, especially with 14 apes, Gerbing Heated gloves are not enough in the 20's.  Love the heated grips I added.  Also allows in cool weather, not cold to get away with a light weight glove.

Been down to -2c in the UK, and have never had my gloves on the full heat setting. But we don't get to the -6c :)

casbar

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #79 on: January 13, 2015, 06:45:19 AM »

I Love the power duals! I have not been able to drag them, even in tight cornering. The floor boards touch first...
I have true duals on my other bike (a stage 2 - 2003 road king classic) and the power duals feel a lot more powerful with tons of low end torque. Both bikes have monster rounds on them and the monster rounds get tiring on long trips with the true duals. Not with the power duals. I wear ear plugs on any trips over 100 miles anyway, mostly for wind noise. Can still hear and enjoy the pipes.

I'm on the fence between, power duals and true duals. Have read loads of posts, where folks say, they see no difference with low end torque with the true duals. Guess my issue is, I like the look of the True duals better. But I don't want loads of noise, have V&H slash cut ovals on the standard headers at the moment.

jpdchicago

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #80 on: January 13, 2015, 09:38:27 AM »

I'm on the fence between, power duals and true duals. Have read loads of posts, where folks say, they see no difference with low end torque with the true duals. Guess my issue is, I like the look of the True duals better. But I don't want loads of noise, have V&H slash cut ovals on the standard headers at the moment.

I can tell you the true duals will be much louder than the power duals with the twin slash ovals. With monster rounds, true duals give me a headache, not the power duals. And while both will have more low end than stock if properly tuned, you will get instant torque with the power duals. Lots of fun on take off at traffic lights...
You can find a lot of posts on line about the difference between the two.
This is just my own experience.

jpdchicago

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #81 on: January 13, 2015, 10:21:33 AM »

Forgot to mention that I wear a 3/4 helmet on the highway for longer rides (usually cruising well over 70mph) With a half helmet on, noise is not a major issue in either case (wind noise takes over).  3/4 and full size helmets multiply the drone effect of loud pipes. Think of your head inside a bell...
Well, now I am totally off topic in this thread.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2015, 10:29:05 AM by jpdchicago »

casbar

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #82 on: January 13, 2015, 10:42:43 AM »

Thanks for your insight  :)

Puma

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NJ

• CVO1: 2014 FLHRSE Dragula 2, SESTP, C&C Fastback
« Reply #83 on: January 13, 2015, 10:43:33 AM »

You should get a little more torque out of the power duals or a good 2 into 1.
2014 CVO Road King: Titianium/Black, Dragula 2 (2-1), SESTP, C&C Fastback

casbar

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #84 on: January 17, 2015, 11:13:54 AM »

So fitted my Haymaker Reflector today. Really pleased, a lot brighter than the Halogen light we get in the UK. Not quite plug and play though, even with the harness you have to buy. In all bikes except the RK, you just unplug the harness and plug in the new one. On the Road King you have to cut the old plugs off, then splice to the new harness.  :) Only a problem in Europe I guess

Bav

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2018 CVO Road Glide Custom
« Reply #85 on: January 18, 2015, 04:12:38 AM »

So fitted my Haymaker Reflector today. Really pleased, a lot brighter than the Halogen light we get in the UK. Not quite plug and play though, even with the harness you have to buy. In all bikes except the RK, you just unplug the harness and plug in the new one. On the Road King you have to cut the old plugs off, then splice to the new harness.  :) Only a problem in Europe I guess

Where are the pics Rob? My Moto Dynamic unit turned up on Friday. Looks really good quality. I only ordered it on Sunday so it only took 5 days to get here from California which impressed me. Unfortunately I won't have time to fit it for a while due to all the work I have to do on the house but I will post the results as soon as I have it on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Using Tapatalk

casbar

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #86 on: January 18, 2015, 04:22:08 AM »

Off out on the bike today for lunch, will take a couple of pics and post when I get back  :)

Bav

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2018 CVO Road Glide Custom
« Reply #87 on: January 18, 2015, 04:31:28 AM »

Lucky you. Ride safe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Using Tapatalk

casbar

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #88 on: January 18, 2015, 11:15:08 AM »

Had a great ride, went for lunch, but had a full English in a great cafe I know, 4 of us turned out  :) Here are the pics of the Daymaker.

casbar

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #89 on: January 18, 2015, 11:16:24 AM »

Headlight on Dip
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8  All

Page created in 0.158 seconds with 25 queries.