CVO Technical > Revolution

CVO VRSCE engine question

(1/2) > >>

mick_n_az:
I'm looking at older VROD and am being told the engine has been replaced with a Screamin Eagle CVO 1250 VRSCE engine, trans, injectors and power commander.  Can anyone tell me how to identify a CVO engine?  Engine#'s sequenze etc?

Thank you,
Mick

grc:

See if the VIN on the engine matches the VIN on the frame.  If it does, the engine cases are the ones that came with the bike originally, so the engine hasn't been replaced.  If it doesn't, write down the entire number and maybe we can help interpret it.

Jerry

CVOStreetglide:

--- Quote from: mick_n_az on July 21, 2015, 05:31:16 PM ---I'm looking at older VROD and am being told the engine has been replaced with a Screamin Eagle CVO 1250 VRSCE engine, trans, injectors and power commander.  Can anyone tell me how to identify a CVO engine?  Engine#'s sequenze etc?

Thank you,
Mick

--- End quote ---

Mick:

First, everything except the Power Commander is a integrated part of all V-Rod motor platforms.

The second issue is you may need to get with your local dealer on any special serial number configurations for CVO V-Rods. 

Lastly, a CVO 1250 V-Rod motor isn't any more powerful than a standard  1250. It may have more Chrome Jewelry on it but the motor is essentially the same.

Engine performance upgrades come from the V-Rod Screaming Eagle products and OEM upgrades that made the motor much more potenent. Boring and stroking head, valve and spring work larger injectors, throttlebodies and yes turbos aka Trask Turbo.

Some of this stuff was bought from the harley V-Rod Destroyer platform and supporting parts.

I hope this helps.

Regards

Jerry

OTIS:
My 06 says screamin eagle 1250 on the heads.

mick_n_az:
I apologize if I wasn't clear...the guy replaced the stock 02 engine with a new CVO engine and trans....I'm trying to find out if the CVO engines have different engine block numbers that identify them from a standard vrod engine?  Is the block different or just chrome accessories, etc?  Does CVO utilize different parts?  On my european bikes (like on old camaro's) you can tell what an engine is by the block numbers.

Thanks for the replies and information.

Mick :drummer:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version