Custom Vehicle Discussions > CVO™ Breakout™

What has been your favorite CVO Breakout Mod?

<< < (4/9) > >>

Dirtyboot:
  I can't speak to that as this is my first set and I'm only 2k miles into them. Tread life will really come down to your riding style, my Dunlops were breaking traction and thus getting eaten up faster than these. Generally speaking harder compound will last longer if it can grip in the conditions you ride. The Me880 compound is similar to the center(firm) portion on my Michelin pilotpower3 from another bike, and more soft than the stock Dunlop.
  The main point was I suggest the tire profile: the 120/70 front makes the bike more responsive to me than the 130/60 that was stock, and the slightly larger rear may help keep planted under throttle.
  My reasons for the Me880s were 1-softer compound, 2 better profile, 3-both front & rear are radial construction; I'm hesitant to mix bias-ply and radials which is what stock did. In the 2000 miles I've used them, the front performs as described above and rear plants/grabs better than stock. I haven't felt my tail end sliding out on me in curves since the change; how much of that is attributed to compound vs size will have to wait until I run out the tires. Hope that helps

CHH_Badkarma:
So far I would have to say the best mod was installing 16 inch Burleigh High Ball bars. I am just a tad over 6 foot, but only with a 30 inch inseam, so my height comes from a long torso. Needless to say, when seated on the bike the stock bars were never right for me. Had to lean forward and roll my shoulders forward a bit and that never felt good after a couple hours in the saddle (thank you enlarged shoulder socket)

The new bars fixed that. Nice position when seated, and oddly enough I seem to catch less air on the highway.Maybe because I am not curled forward cupping the wind. No idea why, but a much more relaxed ride.

I would go so far as to say that the bars just barely edged out the dyno tune as far as favorite mods/upgrades.

Plzdvm:
Rear brake modulator....that will be it for a while considering what this black Pro street cost...lol

Hughski:
CHH do you have a pic you could show??

--- Quote from: CHH_Badkarma on July 03, 2017, 09:13:42 PM ---So far I would have to say the best mod was installing 16 inch Burleigh High Ball bars. I am just a tad over 6 foot, but only with a 30 inch inseam, so my height comes from a long torso. Needless to say, when seated on the bike the stock bars were never right for me. Had to lean forward and roll my shoulders forward a bit and that never felt good after a couple hours in the saddle (thank you enlarged shoulder socket)

The new bars fixed that. Nice position when seated, and oddly enough I seem to catch less air on the highway.Maybe because I am not curled forward cupping the wind. No idea why, but a much more relaxed ride.

I would go so far as to say that the bars just barely edged out the dyno tune as far as favorite mods/upgrades.

--- End quote ---

CHH_Badkarma:

--- Quote from: Hughski on August 17, 2017, 12:21:01 AM ---CHH do you have a pic you could show??

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version