Custom Vehicle Discussions > CVO™ Breakout™

New to me !!!

<< < (2/6) > >>

CHH_Badkarma:
Very nice scoot! Keep an eye out for rust on he polished metal under the clear coat.

overkill19:

--- Quote from: CHH_Badkarma on March 12, 2018, 03:20:13 AM ---Very nice scoot! Keep an eye out for rust on he polished metal under the clear coat.

--- End quote ---
How do u prevent that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CHH_Badkarma:
It is a known issue relusting from company that HD contracted to do the CVO breakout paint (gunslinger)

Usally develops over time were impurities such as body oil and other contaminants contacted the metal before the clear going on.

It is a "know issue" so if it does happen you may be able to have it replaced on the motor company's dime.

Go over all the polised and clear coated metal and examine it carefully for defects. Hopefully none are there.

overkill19:

--- Quote from: CHH_Badkarma on March 12, 2018, 06:34:52 PM ---It is a known issue relusting from company that HD contracted to do the CVO breakout paint (gunslinger)

Usally develops over time were impurities such as body oil and other contaminants contacted the metal before the clear going on.

It is a "know issue" so if it does happen you may be able to have it replaced on the motor company's dime.

Go over all the polised and clear coated metal and examine it carefully for defects. Hopefully none are there.

--- End quote ---
Ur saying that Harley will cover on warranty if I have rust spots ? I have one small looks like a crack with rust in it! It’s up near the bars so you don’t see it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CHH_Badkarma:
They recently did for me, and my bike is a 2014. They called it a "good will" replacememt. Mainly because this is a known issue. Consequently the replacement that I received was beat to snot with huge chips in it and that had to be sent out and repaired. As I said Gunslingers quality control has been very hit-and-miss.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version