Custom Vehicle Discussions > CVO™ Breakout™

Wreckage parts

<< < (3/3)

grc:

--- Quote from: Threephase on November 20, 2018, 08:06:13 PM ---If the part is VIN restricted, then yes, Harley requires the return of the old part in order to buy a replacement. Just like the 3D bar and shield logo on the new gas tanks. Try ordering a new gas tank from another dealer without mentioning an insurance clain and see what they say.it usually says in the parts catalogues if it is VIN restricted.

--- End quote ---

Harley requires the VIN of the CVO you're ordering the part for, but they cannot legally require you send them your old part.  That only applies to warranty repairs.  The old tank is your property, bought and paid for, and if they want it they will have to pay you for it.

Btw, how would you go about sending back the logo that fell off due to their poor workmanship, or that someone stole?

Jerry

BostonboyDH:

If it's just a chip in the clear coat I'd be looking for a good quality shop to repair it!

rjackson229:
1/3/2019 - I received all the parts in a couple boxes.  Every little thing that came off the bike was given back.  I am thinking for those who don't argue or complain they take all those old parts and resell them on the side.  I can imagine a few parts here and there is an extra paycheck for a mechanic.  They pulled some other sales tricks before I was out the door, lol but that's any dealership really.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version