CVO Technical > Riding Gear

Russell Day Long Seat

<< < (3/3)

Indenial:
Thanks, I like it too.  It came out better than I had pictured in my mind.  I put leather on the seat and vinyl on the sides.  It rides nice. Don't know that it made a big difference, but I was spending that kind of money and I figured, why not.  It is softer and more comfortable.  I also got the rain cover which I like.  You have to protect the leather from rain, which I never did with the Mustang vinyl.  And I seem to ride in the rain quite a lot on trips.  But the cover goes on fast and easy and it's fine to ride with.  I also use it a night to keep the dew off it when I don't put my travel cover on.
I had them cut the passenger foam to level and flat. As the stock Ultra seat had a raised portion where the back rest inserted.  I didn't like the looks of that.  But they didn't put new foam on it.  They could of, but it would have taken part of the next day and we didn't have time---had to get home.  And I don't ride 2-up all that often.  So I didn't have them "fit" the passenger seat, hence no pocket or wings.

twojay:
Great looking seat! Did you have to do anything to passenger's backrest or did  the new  stitching and leather/vinyl  color on the re-covered seat match?

Twolanerider:
Can't not agree with the comments about a grand being a lot of money for a bike part.  Butt.......

If I'm willingly spending what seems like high prices on anything that's considered accessory it's the saddle.  Unless you just don't ride much the saddle is what makes or breaks your day.  If the saddle isn't great for your butt, back and shoulders all the "looks" stuff doesn't matter since you'll never ride the bike very far anyway.

Indenial:

ReplyQuote
Great looking seat! Did you have to do anything to passenger's backrest or did  the new  stitching and leather/vinyl  color on the re-covered seat match?

Thanks for asking.  I didn't feel the need to have the backrest re-done.  It's the original HD vinyl and is a close enough match. I can't really tell the difference. So, I didn't want to spend the money on something that didn't matter to me.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version