CVO Technical > Drive Train

Here We go!Transfer problem on my new 19 CVO RG..

<< < (2/3) > >>

grc:

--- Quote from: michaelokielee@yahoo.com on September 19, 2019, 08:23:06 AM ---Thanks for the info Jerry!  After my 1k service I started checking the Transmission level at 2k,3k & 4k, no changes yet  :pepper:

--- End quote ---

That's a good sign.  This problem seems to be something that occurs almost immediately, as opposed to something that gets worse over time.   I'd still keep checking every 1k miles however, just to make sure.

Jerry

scotman623:
I highly doubt HD is just going to install these kits at service intervals unless the owner of the bike or the service person says it needs to be installed... The MOCO will keep all the money they can get ....

trwtow:

--- Quote from: RivRaptor on September 18, 2019, 05:16:11 PM ---Sorry to here about that but at least it looks you are still under warranty!  Didn't catch mine doin it till almost 8k on the od, and out off warranty!  In retrospect it probably was always transferring some fluid, I do my own maintenance and was draining all the  holes at the same time. (hard to catch that way). After reading about it on this site, and after a ride where the trans felt notchy I drained the fluid into a measuring cup and saw 1/2 the fluid missing. Found it I the primary (you could tell by the red tint to the primary gear oil).  Well $50 bucks & an 1 1/2 hours of my labor later installing the mod hose vent kit all seems well.  Good luck

--- End quote ---

whats the fix i discovered same problem on mine today thanks

RivRaptor:
Install Kit # 26500027 Primary vent breather.  The kit comes with the 2 cent hose (that's all you really need) gaskets that you could probably reuse, but doesn't hurt to change and instructions on where to drill the hole, around $50 bucks.  Also new fluid for Trans & primary.  Not to difficult.  Love my bike but this chit just pisses me off.  Also keep an eye on the sumpping issue if that is rearing its ugly head the fix for that is a plate & seal & version 4 oil pump.  Good luck!

WTF Chuck:
 On My 19 RGU it did not happen to almost 8000 miles I went with the after market over size clutch   rod fast delivery took me 15 min to install and have not had any more
 problems now at about 30000 miles. This is the place that sells them If I remember his name is Greg Williams Macomb County Choppers

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version