CVO Technical > Riding Gear

New Helmet Opinions

<< < (2/2)

skratch:
i have a lazer modular helmet.  it has the photochromatic shield as well.  it's expensive to replace, but it sure is nice.  don't have to worry about sunglasses and then changing to night glasses if necessary.

Landshark:
I have 3 Arai full face helmets and 1 Arai open face 3/4 helmet.  I love them all.  I have tried other brands over the years and never found one with better fit and finish plus comfort. Arai makes both different size and shape of outer shell.  Most companies make on size shell (XS-2XL) and only make the inside to fit.  The biggest thing, in MHO, is try it on before you buy.  No ones head is the same.  Safety and comfort are so important when it comes to a helmet.  Good luck!

Yellow09SERG:
If possible for you I would try a few on before I made a decision. Might be a hard right now with the virus stuff, but you will find that different helmets sure have different shapes and sizes. I ended up going with the Scorpion. It may not be at the upper end of helmets but it fits and one that doesn't fit right will probably get left laying on the work bench

OBB:

--- Quote from: GregKhougaz on April 05, 2020, 06:18:58 PM ---Tell us about what you have now so we know what you're used to...

I have a Klim carbon modular with J&M headset that I like but there are may brands....

I notice there are several helmet threads, below....

--- End quote ---
Do you have a pix of how that headset is mounted? We're do for new helmets and I'm interested in these. We currently have the Nolan 104 with their headsets but have had to replace one of those pricey units and now the other one is being stupid. I also noticed on Klims' website while looking at the matte finish white that it appears to be two different helmets within that color lineup.

Bobs14Limited:

--- Quote from: Landshark on April 13, 2020, 07:53:26 PM ---I have 3 Arai full face helmets and 1 Arai open face 3/4 helmet.  I love them all.  I have tried other brands over the years and never found one with better fit and finish plus comfort. Arai makes both different size and shape of outer shell.  Most companies make on size shell (XS-2XL) and only make the inside to fit.  The biggest think, in MHO, is try it on before you buy.  No ones head is the same.  Safety and comfort are so important when it comes to a helmet.  Good luck!

--- End quote ---

I agree, Arai has the most comfortable interior of any helmet. However, years ago when Arai stopped making their normal classic 3/4 helmet, I got the next best thing, the Shoei RJ Platinum. It's about as close as I could find as the old Arai.
The latest Arai Classic V 3/4 helmet may have the similar name, but it's just a cheap imitation of their original.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version