Custom Vehicle Discussions > Screamin' Eagle® Fat Boy®

New owner of almost new 2006

<< < (2/2)

Madmanmike:

--- Quote from: Twolanerider on June 22, 2020, 08:53:26 PM ---How many miles on the bike? If it's as low as the thread title suggests you don't have anything to worry about for a while. Then later do the cam plate change to upgrade to the new retentioners or even go to hotter cams too and make it a two for one.

--- End quote ---

2300 miles on the clock. Yah, I know right? Heh heh. Crazy.

But actually, I'm worried more about the age of the factory tensioner shoes. I mean plastic just gets old and brittle, regardless of the miles on the bike.

Yah, I've already been eyeballing the S&S kits. Something fire a winter project.

Michael

mjb765:
I would check the bike over top to bottom...that low mileage can have issues as well....original tires???  Dry rot might be a concern.

Madmanmike:

--- Quote from: mjb765 on June 22, 2020, 09:19:57 PM ---I would check the bike over top to bottom...that low mileage can have issues as well....original tires???  Dry rot might be a concern.

--- End quote ---

Yes. Already priced new tires. They have gotten a bit more expensive since last time I bought bike tires. For friggin Dunlops.

Guy is a real collector. 29 other bikes in his heated 'garage'.  Oil changes for all bikes every year. Puts at least 100 miles on every bike, every year. Brake fluid flush every 5 years. Guy seems pretty serious about maintaining his toys.

Pretty cool find, I think.
Michael

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version