Custom Vehicle Discussions > 1999 FXR2/1999 FXR3/2000 FXR4

FXR2 Red Bike Walk-Around

<< < (2/4) > >>

Twolanerider:
Different view of the same stuff.  Swapped the chrome thin tank panel for the old fashioned leather piece.  It's old fashioned but I like the look.  I'm old too... so it makes sense. 

Oh yeah, it's an FXR with GPS.  Mount with parts swapped so the Zumo can go from the windshield of the SERK to the SERG to this bike.  It's more of an MP3 player to earbuds occasionally but, hey, I had the parts so why not....

Twolanerider:
The stock saddle was a big old thick squishy pillow.  Very much something of the FXR era.  It looked ok for the bike but my ass hated it.  Also scored a hinged FXR seat for it and ran that for awhile.  The hinged setup is certainly convenient and the seat was more comfortable.  But it wasn't Corbin comfortable. 

Cheap $100 eBay score was too cheap to pass out.  The look is good and the ride is as one would expect.  It puts me in a perfect spot for height with the windshield (after a I took about six inches off with a jigsaw) and distance with the bars.  Just a little more hassle to occasionally check the oil. 

Twolanerider:
Little more clean up and dress up from stock.  Off came the stock pulley and it's cheap looking (but FXR CVO original) chrome cover to be replaced with a better looking pulley.  The stock pulley also had a couple of wonky teeth.  So something needed to be done.

Twolanerider:
Just a nice long port side view.

Twolanerider:
And the starboard side too.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version