Custom Vehicle Discussions > Screamin' Eagle® Electra Glide®

New guy, couple questions

<< < (3/6) > >>

SIKBIRD:
Haha! Slippery slope, as I’m sure you already know! New bars, new top clamp, better get some new handlebar bushings, no since in going back into it again so might as well put a new stereo system in, what about a new windshield while it’s apart, since you’ve got the fairing off and fork oil drained might as well put in better suspension, can’t upgrade the front and not do new rear suspension, and the rabbit hole gets deeper and deeper.  Good news is it’s a lot of fun making it your own.

SIKBIRD:
I do feel sorry for your Fatboy though...not gonna get as much seat time now.  I had a 2000 Night Train, when I bought my Bird, that I had planned to keep. After riding the SEEG for a couple months I decided to take the NT out for a hot lap.  Put it up for sale when I got home because I knew right then I would never ride it enough to justify keeping up insurance or maintenance on it.  Plus it needed to belong to someone who would get some enjoyment out of it, rather than me just looking at it as I walked by to get on the SEEG.  I really loved that bike (kept it for 13 years) but riding it vs a touring bike with a fairing, there was just no comparison in comfort.

Bigmatthew86:
I like the fatboy. It's a stage 4 Screamin Eagle 95ci. It's a runner but it's for sale lol. I won't ride it enough to keep it. I also know it's a slippery slope but making it your own is half the fun.

Bigmatthew86:
So I've been able to put a few miles on the eg & so far I'm digging it. I robbed a few things of my poor Fatboy. I took the led headlight & taillight. I also put a amazon 8" windsplitter, adjusted my controls to where I like them, & ditched the heel shifter. I know a lot of guys like them but I can't stand it. Turns out bike has progressive 944's ao I stiffened them up some. I'm a big guy around 260lbs. I have some new front pads on the way as well. Planning on still swapping bars, adding 1 piece clamp, & poly bushings. Think I'm going to do a bt receiver & speakers at the same time.

SIKBIRD:
Sounds like you’ve got your winter projects all lined up!  I initially ditched the heal shifter too but kept tearing up the leather on the toes of my boots so I bought the extended heel and toe shifter and now I’ve got plenty of room but also have the heel shifter eliminator shaft cover laying around.

Please post some pics of your bars along with all the details (mfg, size, wire and or hydraulic extensions if needed) when you get it all buttoned up.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version