Custom Vehicle Discussions > Screamin' Eagle® Road King®

Early SERK seat similarities/differences

<< < (2/2)

OddN:

--- Quote from: Twolanerider on February 03, 2021, 11:02:56 AM ---And... yes, the stingray seats are almost never seen.  They were on that bike only as production pieces.  Also in the P&A catalog for a short time.  You're also right that the inserts suffered from coming apart.  So it's very rare to see one anymore; and even more rare to find one in even a decent condition.

--- End quote ---

That was what I was afraid of. But I'm not in any hurry, just wanted to review my options.

OddN:

--- Quote from: Twolanerider on February 03, 2021, 11:00:21 AM ---That narrow "tail" on the dash is what the SERK seat has to match that many other seats don't; or at least don't do well.  Another one that does look good with the SERK seat is any seat for the SEEGs; the 04-05 SE Electra Glides.  A lot of the Road King seats from that frame and tank combination will work ok but the are wider at the nose of the seat.  It looks ok.  You won't notice the difference much unless you had something with a skinnier nose sitting next to it to compare against.

--- End quote ---

Good point. In fact the Corbin solo I have on the bike right now is originally from a 04/05 SEEG. And it fits the narrow tank console really well. Actually I think it looks better than the stock seat on any 2007 SERK I have seen. Those look almost too wide for the console, like in my picture above.

So my best bet, if I cannot find a genuine 2002 stingray seat in decent condition, is to take a 2003 seat and have the plain leather insert replaced with some stingray skin. It looks like the stitching on the sides are slightly different, but probably close enough.

FallbrookSERK:
My 2002 came With one in a box.  I’m open to offers, I’m not wanting to sell but I’m open to the right offer

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version