CVO Technical > Cleaning/Detailing

Hazed and Confused

(1/2) > >>

SouthwestCVO:
Anyone know how to get rid of the haze on some of my black painted parts? As you can see in the photo, there's a white haze on the rocker cover. In comparison, look at the intake which is shinny black and no haze. It seems to wipe off but almost immediately comes back.

My bike is new if that's any help. Might it eventually burn off? Any suggestions are appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Twolanerider:
Without knowing what "it' is it's difficult to say.  If the bike is new, however, make the dealer note it BEFORE you do anything yourself.  If you make some valiant attempt at correction and ending making something worse than better the dealer will (rightly) tell you it's your fault if you've not given them the opportunity to correct the imperfection.

USA88:
I have gotten this on all 3 of my bikes. Wipe off, used different no water detailers.
I thought at first the heat made the black paint fade. I just use a really good wax on all of these black painted parts. Looks good for a few rides and back to the haze. 🤷‍♂️

SouthwestCVO:

--- Quote from: USA88 on February 23, 2021, 08:07:09 PM ---I have gotten this on all 3 of my bikes. Wipe off, used different no water detailers.
I thought at first the heat made the black paint fade. I just use a really good wax on all of these black painted parts. Looks good for a few rides and back to the haze.

--- End quote ---
Interesting. It wipes off to a shine but always comes back. I'll try to throw some wax on them. Thanks for the tip.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

CVODON:
Wax is really not the trick due to heat, it fails almost instantly during heat cycle of engine and depending on brand and composition could leave some nasty residue/streaking. Be sure and show it to the dealer before you do anything or whatever the result it is going to be your "Fault" it looks that way.
Were it mine, I would show it to the dealer and let them give me an uneducated opinion, then I would clean it with a mixture of water & isopropyl alcohol then coat it with CarPro Dlux Ceramic. This is a ceramic coating for wheels/brake calipers and other heat producing parts. But that is just me.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version