Custom Vehicle Discussions > CVO™ Street Glide®

Mirror advice

(1/2) > >>

kevin_n:
I recently purchased a set of 12” handlebars for my sg but now I can’t decide on how to handle the mirror situation. Not sure if I want to just buy plugs for the holes in the fairing and go with bar mounted mirrors, or if I wanna go this route https://www.kstkustoms.com/collections/all-products/products/mirror-brackets

I am a little worried that with it being a 16 when I take the factory mirrors off that the paint will be ruined from the mirrors. Probably over thinking this way to much but need to make a choice soon. With the weather hopefully starting to warm up I would like to install the bars in the next few weeks, as long as it continues to keep getting warmer.

geezerglide:
Should be no problem have done it in two Strret Glides. There are many plug type fillers.I simply had a painter paint to match the inner fairing.

rayson56:
^^^^ Get a quality set of mirrors and don't look back...or....do!!! LOL

Cvostu:
Get the plugs.  No big deal.  I never cared for the fairing mirrors. HD should have left them as an option. Stuart.

kojak:
Agree with Stu. I did my 2016 not too long ago. Looks so much better with short stem mirrors and the fairing holes covered.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version