Custom Vehicle Discussions > CVO™ Street Glide®

Install advice (bars)

<< < (2/2)

kevin_n:
Got it figured out. I took it all back apart today and found I pinched a wire in the switch housing that ended up grounding out on the bars. It also blew the 5 amp battery fuse, which I didn’t see last night. Got it all back together and went for a short ride. Going to take a few miles but I think I am going to be really happy. The bars are 12” fat baggers bars.

ultra13:
Good job. See, you don't need to pay big $$ to have work done... ;D

RivRaptor:
Everyone makes mistakes but now you know and you saved a bunch of money that now can be used on something else or by helping a friend do his /her bars you will get free food & beer!  I recently had to fix a riding friends bike bar install gone wrong that a local dealer wanted $1300 to fix.  Ended up being a ground wire pulled out of the throttle circuit connector & some smashed harnesses.  Got a nice bottle of Bourbon!  All good

kevin_n:
Just needed to walk away and sleep on it. Tackling it refreshed helped out I think. Not sure I wanna do it again so hope I am happy with them. Did just a short ride when finished and now supposed to rain all week.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version