CVO Technical > Electronic Toys and Gadgets

RADIO LOCKED IN UPDATE LOOP

(1/2) > >>

USNCVO:
I tried to update the radio per HD instructions.  Radio is now stuck in an update loop that dealer says they can't reset.  Only option they say is a new radio.  4 days before a 1500 mile road trip.  Any suggestion or advise?

R/Don

Twolanerider:
The problem is software and not hardware so recommending to replace the hardware is lazy, incompetent, or both.  It is very unlikely you've killed a radio.

One of the locals here had what sounds like a comparable problem and called me.  Over about a couple hours and two tall bottled beverages one evening we got out of it by putting the USB stick with the radio update back in and it started updating once again to go back to an older version. Then installed the dealer nav update.  Then installed the newest radio version update. 

We could reproduce the problem if we tried updating radio then nav.  Worked without problem if the updates were done the other way around.

USNCVO:

--- Quote from: Twolanerider on June 15, 2021, 04:48:20 PM ---The problem is software and not hardware so recommending to replace the hardware is lazy, incompetent, or both.  It is very unlikely you've killed a radio.

One of the locals here had what sounds like a comparable problem and called me.  Over about a couple hours and two tall bottled beverages one evening we got out of it by putting the USB stick with the radio update back in and it started updating once again to go back to an older version. Then installed the dealer nav update.  Then installed the newest radio version update. 

We could reproduce the problem if we tried updating radio then nav.  Worked without problem if the updates were done the other way around.

--- End quote ---

I refused to accept that a computer could not be reset. I found out from MoCo that the Scandisk brand thumb drives cause problems.. long story short.. got a new thumb drive.. started the process over, worked fine ... radio back on line

Fired00d:

--- Quote from: USNCVO on June 15, 2021, 01:47:31 PM ---I tried to update the radio per HD instructions.  Radio is now stuck in an update loop that dealer says they can't reset.  Only option they say is a new radio.  4 days before a 1500 mile road trip.  Any suggestion or advise?

R/Don

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: USNCVO on June 16, 2021, 01:12:00 PM ---I refused to accept that a computer could not be reset. I found out from MoCo that the Scandisk brand thumb drives cause problems.. long story short.. got a new thumb drive.. started the process over, worked fine ... radio back on line

--- End quote ---
Glad you got it corrected/fixed... only suggestion I have for you is not take your bike back to the dealer that tried to sell you a new radio. The information you got from the MoCo could have easily been retrieved by that dealership if they truly were customer service oriented and not just part changers. >:(

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:

rayson56:
Glad you got it handled....

Well said d00d!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version