CVO Technical > Wheels/Tires/Suspension/Brakes

Tire Pressure Rear 2020 CVO TriGlide - What r u running?

(1/1)

09nessrg:
Ride seems to be very hard when running 35??

1roadking:
You should be at 40 PSI in the rear tire. The rough ride is your suspension, make sure it’s properly set up for your weight or ideally swap it for something better in a 13inch shock:)

ultrafxr:
I see your post is over a month old but hope you see this.

Oh my you got some really really bad advice.  Suggest you read your owners manual.  The standard TG states 26 psi for the rear tires and I think your CVO TG would be the same.  These are car tires but not carrying anywhere near the load a car would put on them.  Most knowledgeable trike owners run about 20 - 22 psi in the rear tires to soften the ride with no ill effect whatsoever.  I'm attaching an article about this from Lehman Trikes who made conversion kits and helped H-D design and even built their first trikes.  Your TG is basically a Lehman.  Now your CVO has low profile tires and with less sidewall to cushion the ride it is going to be a bit harsher.  And yes changing the rear shocks will help immensely.  One of the most popular is the 14" trike specific shocks made by Pro Action and sold through DK Custom Products.  https://www.dkcustomproducts.com/pro-action-street-series-shocks-for-your-harley-davidson-dk-pas-shk.htm

Hoch:
Agree with the opinion above. Stat with an owners manual. You will find all you need.

CVODON:
GO with the owners manual and do not try 40# in rear CAR tires on a Motor Trike.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version