Custom Vehicle Discussions > CVO™ Road Glide Ultra®

First Impressions, CVO Road Glide Limited

(1/5) > >>

Marty811:
Hello all,
I picked up my new CVO Road Glide Limited yesterday at the dealer. This is my first shark nose, always had bat wings in the past. First Impressions:
Completely different feel with the fairing/ handlebars setup. A little unnerving initially. More room to move around because of the different shaped bars and the increased distance to the fairing. This was a positive.
The bike definitely feels more planted on the road. After becoming more familiar with the bike I felt myself going through the familiar corners faster and with more confidence. It felt like it was on rails.
Wind protection was not as good for me verses my old CVO Limited. The bike comes with a 14” windshield but most of the wind hitting me was coming through the holes in the fairing. My wife thought the wind protection was about the same for her.
Big advance in electronics, with the blue tooth wireless headset I can bring up Apple CarPlay or a lot of other screens. The information screen is neat, even shows the altitude. 5603 feet at home!
A lot to play around, it may snow tomorrow so I’ll be in the garage messing with the bike!

GregKhougaz:
Congratulations on the new ride. Welcome to the sharks!  :xyxthumbs:

acevtwin:
One of the first things I did when I got my '22 was to put in the Fairing vent closures.
Here in Michigan I need those vent's closed more than open.
Beautiful bike. Best CVO paint in years!

Marty811:
This is new to me! What are fairing vent closures and where do you get them?
I can close the top fairing vent but are they’re plugs available for the vents on either side of the headlights?
Does it increase buffeting?

mjb765:

--- Quote from: Marty811 on April 29, 2022, 10:51:50 AM ---This is new to me! What are fairing vent closures and where do you get them?
I can close the top fairing vent but are they’re plugs available for the vents on either side of the headlights?
Does it increase buffeting?

--- End quote ---

HD removed the vent doors starting in 2020.....so you need to order 2019 fairing vent doors and install them. I did that for my 2020..easy install. It's the same vent you have only with a button and doors that close.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version