CVO Technical > Drive Train

Heavy Duty Compensator for S&S V124 EVO Motor

(1/1)

ltank:
I have an FXR4 with S&S V111 65k miles on motor and a 98 RK with a S&S V124  60k miles on motor. They both have the standard Compensator from the stock 80" EVO motors. Is there a heavy duty unit available? So far they are both working fine. But I read on TC units failing but I can't find anything for the Big EVO motors. What's Available? Thanks

HOGMIKE:
Interesting

I run the stock compensator in my 95 evo with the S&S 113 that we modified a little.
I think I replaced the spring pack years ago when I had to upgrade the clutch. Haven’t noticed any issues since.

:nixweiss:

Twolanerider:

--- Quote from: ltank on October 07, 2022, 12:30:44 AM ---I have an FXR4 with S&S V111 65k miles on motor and a 98 RK with a S&S V124  60k miles on motor. They both have the standard Compensator from the stock 80" EVO motors. Is there a heavy duty unit available? So far they are both working fine. But I read on TC units failing but I can't find anything for the Big EVO motors. What's Available? Thanks

--- End quote ---

The Twin Cam comps that failed were a completely different set of facts and circumstances than an Evo (or first gen Twin Cam) compensator.  Don't worry about your Evo compensator.  Worry about Putin, China, women, early onset dementia, abandoned puppies, women, too many donuts, women, moderators, bald tires, bald women, and other things; but don't worry about Evo compensators.

Finster101:
Twolane, good points all.

ltank:
Ok Thanks Guys for the Peice of Mind

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version