CVO Technical > General CVO discussion

A question about the CVO "Gold Keys"

(1/2) > >>

Ironhorse:
Are these real keys and specific only to the bike they came with, or are they strictly ornamental and serve no other purpose?  I ask because a member here is selling lots of CVO stuff including several "Gold CVO Keys". I'd rather not buy them and find out later that they aren't going to work on my bike.

Thanks

Twolanerider:

--- Quote from: Ironhorse on November 01, 2023, 12:33:50 PM ---Are these real keys and specific only to the bike they came with, or are they strictly ornamental and serve no other purpose?  I ask because a member here is selling lots of CVO stuff including several "Gold CVO Keys". I'd rather not buy them and find out later that they aren't going to work on my bike.

Thanks

--- End quote ---

The gold keys were keyed to the bike they came with.  At least all of mine were. 

They often were not sold with the bikes they originally came with.  Either people had thrown them in a drawer and forgot about them or thought they had some ornamental value.  But they were keyed to the bike they came with.

Ironhorse:

--- Quote from: Twolanerider on November 01, 2023, 01:04:49 PM ---The gold keys were keyed to the bike they came with.  At least all of mine were. 

They often were not sold with the bikes they originally came with.  Either people had thrown them in a drawer and forgot about them or thought they had some ornamental value.  But they were keyed to the bike they came with.

--- End quote ---

Not worth the purchase for me then.  No sense owning a key for someone else's bike, even if it is gold. Thanks for clarifying.

Joel:
I think they are polished brass not gold plated, but I could be wrong.

bad00serg:
At least as of a few months ago, you could still order one of these gold keys for your CVO through your HD dealer, upon proving ownership of the VIN.  Under $100, and IMO a nice thing to have when advertising the bike for sale or whatever...completes the CVO. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version