Custom Vehicle Discussions > CVO™ Street Glide®

Air cleaners

(1/5) > >>

tjstreetglide:
Is there any difference between the ventilator performance air cleaner and the heavy breather? My harley dealer is trying to sell me the air cleaner along with the pro super tuner.
TJ

hd-dude:
The SESG already has the high flow ar cleaner so save you money there. The "Venilator" is almost identical to what comes stock on the SESG. The "Heavy Breather" is a snorkle type intake that is more for looks than performance.  For the tuner the TTS Mastertune is a much better more versitale and stable tuner. Also less $'s than the Super Tuner.

Twolanerider:

--- Quote from: hd-dude on August 25, 2009, 12:17:47 AM ---The SESG already has the high flow ar cleaner so save you money there. The "Venilator" is almost identical to what comes stock on the SESG. The "Heavy Breather" is a snorkle type intake that is more for looks than performance.  For the tuner the TTS Mastertune is a much better more versitale and stable tuner. Also less $'s than the Super Tuner.

--- End quote ---

Have seen you writing favorably of the TTS tool a few times now Jim.  Has it become your favorite tuning tool for a non-dyno based effort?

hd-dude:

--- Quote from: Twolanerider on August 25, 2009, 12:46:38 AM ---Have seen you writing favorably of the TTS tool a few times now Jim.  Has it become your favorite tuning tool for a non-dyno based effort?

--- End quote ---

Yes and No....The TTS Datamaster and V-tune programs do work well. The issue with them is that it is difficult to hit all throttle and RPM positions on the streets. I have used them with decent results. Doing the tune on the dyno with these programs is very easy and data can be collected much easier. For non dyno based tuning the Daytona TCFI III works very well also. My opinion (as a shop owner) is that there is not a better method to tune than putting a bike on the dyno to get it dialed in. Using the tools from TTS or Daytona makes this process easier and quicker. For a shop to use these tools on the street requires the shop to spend a lot of time on the streets on the customers bike collecting data to build maps from. Personally I do not want to have the liability riding customers bikes that long to get data. Not to mention the time it takes away from other shop duties. Having said all of this an individual user on his or her own bike using the TTS tools can create a very good map for their bike.

LarryB:

--- Quote from: hd-dude on August 25, 2009, 01:31:07 AM ---Yes and No....The TTS Datamaster and V-tune programs do work well. The issue with them is that it is difficult to hit all throttle and RPM positions on the streets. I have used them with decent results. Doing the tune on the dyno with these programs is very easy and data can be collected much easier. For non dyno based tuning the Daytona TCFI III works very well also. My opinion (as a shop owner) is that there is not a better method to tune than putting a bike on the dyno to get it dialed in. Using the tools from TTS or Daytona makes this process easier and quicker. For a shop to use these tools on the street requires the shop to spend a lot of time on the streets on the customers bike collecting data to build maps from. Personally I do not want to have the liability riding customers bikes that long to get data. Not to mention the time it takes away from other shop duties. Having said all of this an individual user on his or her own bike using the TTS tools can create a very good map for their bike.

--- End quote ---
I couldn't agree more. having access to a Dyno gives the tune a good controlled environment to work in. I ran the V-Tune several times and still not hitting all the cells I wanted. Right now I'm running a map from Fullsac

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version