Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Adding Vent to Helmet  (Read 2099 times)

cahdbiker

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE4
Adding Vent to Helmet
« on: July 15, 2010, 12:53:00 PM »

I have a Harley Davidson Destination Helmet. I like it except it has no air  venting.  Does anyone know where I can buy the small vent piece that would attach to helmet. They usually have some way to open and close them in case of rain. I called HJC who makes that certain helmet and they said they don't have any vents to add on to it. Any Suggestions. CAHDBIKER

2009 SEUC just south of Point Mugu Ventura County, Ca.

michaelbmenaker

• Elite CVO Member
  • Ride hard, ride safe!
Re: Adding Vent to Helmet
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2010, 05:55:40 PM »

A vent would require making a hole. Which would destroy (completely) the integrity of the helmet. Don't even try.

Harley Guy

• Elite CVO Member
  • RIDE ON ...............
    • OH

• CVO1: 2009 CVO Ultra Classic.... Ruby - sold
    • CVO2: 2015 CVO Limited........... Dirty Blonde
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2010, 10:36:44 AM »

A vent would require making a hole. Which would destroy (completely) the integrity of the helmet. Don't even try.

I agree........

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2010, 06:47:36 PM »

I don't agree that drilling holes in a helmet would destroy the integrity of the helmet.....some of them come from the factory with holes pre-drilled for vents.  And how much rain are you going to get in a few small holes?  There again, how much ventilation will you gain either?  Might be worth a try if this global warming keeps up though.  :vrolijk_13: :vrolijk_3: :sunny: spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

kraut

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ride & Have Fun

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE4
    • Harley Café Dresden
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2010, 06:57:06 PM »

ok, the helmet you show in your avatar will certainly not loose any significant protection even if a 10" ventilation hole will be drilled in it  :orange:

CU on the road, Hans

Ride & Have Fun

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2010, 07:14:12 PM »

ok, the helmet you show in your avatar will certainly not loose any significant protection even if a 10" ventilation hole will be drilled in it  :orange:

;D ;D I know Kraut.  The 'powers that be' made me retire the coolest spyder helmet around since they now strictly enforce the D.O.T.-legal types......damn shame, 'cause I got more positive comments from the ladies on that helmet than my CVO.  :-* ;) har.  :drink: spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2000 SERG
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2010, 08:36:20 PM »

I thought about it and you would have to drill holes in front and holes in back to make it work and all around the foam. It sure was nice riding around the past few weeks (Sturgis) without a helmet, I'd almost forgotten what is was like.  Doc

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2010, 08:45:19 PM »

I thought about it and you would have to drill holes in front and holes in back to make it work and all around the foam. It sure was nice riding around the past few weeks (Sturgis) without a helmet, I'd almost forgotten what is was like.  Doc
Absolutely, Doc.  And install some little 'screens' to keep the stinging insects from entering.  Maybe when you get back to the drill press in the shop after this ride.  ;) har.  :drink: spyder

Page created in 0.138 seconds with 21 queries.