Custom Vehicle Discussions > CVO™ Road Glide Ultra®

Colour Choice?

(1/6) > >>

SimonNottsUK:
Hi all,

Opinions on my dilemma.

I am thinking about trading my 2010 FLHX on a 2011 FLTRUSE, I am in the UK where they traditionally don't import the roadglide at all, not since 1999 anyway.

I have had 2 CVO's before, 2008 FXSTSSE2 in Inferno Orange, and 2009 FLHTCUSE4 in Autumn Haze, I purchased a standard FLHX this year, albeit in a custom colour, White Ice/ Black Ice, because I didn't want to spend CVO money, the FLTRUSE is £28,590 in the UK. I am only considering a CVO this year as its a roadglide, and it has all the bits I want on the bike.

Dilemma:

I like colours that are different, used to ride Kawasaki's years ago, but never had a green one! The 'tan turd' appeals as it would be different, I think not many takers, so, as I don't particularly like the other two colours, should I go for my favourite, despite the fact that residual value on the other colours is likely to be better. Or, as you can see, I change bikes often, so should I be safe and go for the red, which will always be OK to sell on.

Your thoughts appreciated.

Simon

GregKhougaz:
Simon, 

Here's my $.02 and that's about what it's worth: 

Get what you like.  I've seen some pics of the "Tan Turd" that are beautiful!  I think the bad rap is due to the photos, not the bike.  It's certainly the most distinctive colour (note sp.)  These machines are purchases of passion. 

I have the Yellow SERG.  1 of 492.   :nixweiss:   :nixweiss:

GK

Ron Hawkins:
Simon, i agree with Greg.Get the color that trips your trigger.

After all the world may end before you get a chance to trade it off.!!!!!!

P.S. I would have taken a yellow SERG if i could have found one first.

SimonNottsUK:
I've done it, I've ordered a Frosted Ivory & Gold FLTRUSE.

My dealer thinks November or Early December for delivery, perfect for all the winter salt!

Still, gives me time to clean it up and add the bits I want.

Woohoo!!!!

Simon

kb:
 I would like to see a "Tan Turd" in person, when I first saw it I thought that it looked like crap. Altough I find a big crap is very comforting.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version