Custom Vehicle Discussions > Screamin' Eagle® Electra Glide®

New to the forum, considering a 2004 FLHTCSE

<< < (6/7) > >>

110tHunDer:

That's what we've been tryin' to tell ya! :nixweiss: ;) :drink:

Congrats on getting the bike! :beerchug:

Warhawk:
I’ve been away for about 8 years now. I always liked this forum better than any other HD forum.  I’ve been reading some old posts that have jogged my memory about some mods I had made to old bikes I had.

My back problems forced me to sell my ‘04 SEEG in 2013, that nearly broke my heart.  I haven’t ridden since ...BUT, I’ve fallen into a sweet deal on an ‘06 Electra Glide standard.  And we are going to fix up a bike I gave my dad (Honda VLX) for my wife to ride. 

The FLHT is the last of the Electra Glides with a carb.  This bike belonged to my brother in law and is bone stock.  I’m going to pick it up next weekend, I can’t wait.

What is the best battery these days, for the 2006 FLHT ?

rayson56:
Welcome back, you must be pumped.

These work great for most of us but everyone has an opinion, kinda like oil, tires, and handlebars, but these work well for me!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Deka-400CCA-AGM-Absorbed-Glass-Mat-Battery-Harley-Touring-Bagger-Dresser-97-19/121578459179

Congrats  :2vrolijk_21:

Unbalanced:
I have a East Penn/Dekka warehouse 6 miles away, but the batteries aren’t lasting very long if lucky 2 years.  One of the guys at Dekka claimed HD changed the spec. 

Guessing planned obsolescence.   I have switched to the Renegade Batteries 600 CCA for my baggers.

https://www.renegadebattery.com/

The last battery was 129.00 shipped to my door including the usb trickle charger for it.

119.00 + 10.00 for the trickle charger and was here (Florida)  from Arizona in 3 days.

Warhawk:
Thanks, I am pretty excited.  The last few years have been the only time since I got out of the USAF that I haven’t owned multiple bikes.

We don't have a Harley dealer here, it closed 5-6 years ago and was mostly a T-shirt shop anyway (tourist town).

Any thoughts on the Odyssey batteries?

Finally got on a Windows PC and was able to change my profile.  Couldn't do it on mu iPad.  I moved to Arkansas in 2013, Hot Springs.  We love it here, gave up the DFW rat race for good.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version