CVO Technical > Riding Gear

HD photo-chromatic lenses (day/night glasses)

(1/10) > >>

SE_ULTRA:
Anyone try or use the HD photo-chromatic lenses? Theses are the goggles or riding glasses that changed from light to dark depending on lighting conditions. I am thinking about getting a pair. Seems alot easier then stopping to change glasses to clears when the sun goes down. Any input?

Fired00d:

--- Quote ---Anyone try or use the HD photo-chromatic lenses? Theses are the goggles or riding glasses that changed from light to dark depending on lighting conditions. I am thinking about getting a pair. Seems alot easier then stopping to change glasses to clears when the sun goes down. Any input?
--- End quote ---
You have a part number? Are they available with/for prescription lenses?

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]

jeffj:
I prefer the Panoptx Glasses, I have several pair but now mainly just use the day and night lenses
As they automatically adjust to varying light conditions, changing to almost a clear for night and a darker for day

Here is a couple of links for Panoptx, Most HD dealers have in stock

http://www.panoptx.com/html/va_motor.htm

http://www.sunglassesgiant.com/pasu.html

fatboyse2:
I bought the panoptx Raptor CV, i needed a prescription so I opted for the new Polarized transition lens. It is very good.  A small amount of distortion as the lens is so curved, but I like them alot for riding.

110tHunDer:

--- Quote ---Anyone try or use the HD photo-chromatic lenses? Theses are the goggles or riding glasses that changed from light to dark depending on lighting conditions. I am thinking about getting a pair. Seems alot easier then stopping to change glasses to clears when the sun goes down. Any input?
--- End quote ---

I tried some on at the dealer here last summer.  After wearing Oakleys for years now, I guess I am spoiled.  These glasses did not get dark enough for me and I was still squinting after being out in the sun with them for a good 15 minutes.  I think any type of self-lightening/darkening lens is going to be a compromise versus a purpose-made, full-time sunglass lens.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version