Custom Vehicle Discussions > CVO™ Road Glide Ultra®

Are all 2011 FLTRUSEs created equal

(1/6) > >>

cvosjoe:
Are all 2011 FLTRUSEs created equal ... apparently not. I haven't seen any posts about this yet but here goes. I took delivery of my 2011 FLTRUSE Rio Red/Black Ember on Aug 31 and until yesterday I had not seen another Rio Red/Black Ember bike in person. I have seen many pictures that you guys have posted of your bikes but never noticed until yesterday. You're not going to believe this but my rear fender and filler strips are Black Ember not Rio Red. It gets even better. On the other bike the gas lid (no emblem) and tank console (plain black insert) like the non-cvo ultras. My bike has the bar and shield emblem on the gas lid and the carbon fiber looking tank console insert. 

I know ...

:worthless:

As soon as the sun comes up I'll take a picture and post it.

charles05663:
I wonder if this is a result of producing the CVO's on the main assembly line instead of being built by a team.

cvosjoe:
I not sure how the assembly line assembly would cause this. I believe all the painted parts are supplied as required for each model. I believe this may suggest the paint shop messed up.

ultrafxr:

--- Quote from: cvosjoe on November 01, 2010, 09:43:49 AM ---I not sure how the assembly line assembly would cause this. I believe all the painted parts are supplied as required for each model. I believe this may suggest the paint shop messed up.

--- End quote ---
Is that the way your bike came from the factory?  That is the street glide fascia isn't it?

mjb765:

--- Quote from: ultrafxr on November 01, 2010, 10:17:03 AM ---Is that the way your bike came from the factory?  That is the street glide fascia isn't it?

--- End quote ---

Sure looks like it

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version