CVO Technical > Riding Gear

New HD Mesh Jacket

(1/8) > >>

Midnight Rider:
I think there was a thread on here about hot weather riding gear...well, I was at the local HD dealer this afternoon, and they had just put a new jacket on the floor...It's a tough, fine mesh, with pockets for armour in the elbows and shoulders, if you want to put it in there. Otherwise, it fits great, even without the armour.  It's got reflective piping on the seams, a crew neck collar, zipper with flap behind it, and it's just a little longer in back, with an additional layer of material around the spine/kidney area.  The cuffs are velcro adjustable for snug fit, and there is a velcro adjustable belt on each side at the bottom of the jacket.  If you hold it up to the light, you can see through it...I'm not sure of the material, but it feels like it would provide pretty good protection from road rash...at least for a short ride on the pavement.

They're supposed to be "Limited Editions", and in-store purchase only.  Men's is "Crossroad Mesh Jacket", part number 97532-06vm, and the women's is "Windswept Mesh Jacket".  Cost is $85, which for "genuine" HD chit isn't too bad, I don't think.  I don't buy HD leather....it's made in Pakistan, and is too damn expensive....if you want some good leather, visit Fox Creek Leather on line....best stuff you have EVER felt/seen.  And...it's make in the USA!!

Looks like this jacket will be the ticket for those hot, sticky, summer days/nights here in the Heart of Dixie... [smiley=banana.gif] [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] [smiley=drink.gif]

JR:
That would be this one....

JR:
I kinda like this one 98225-06VM

DCFIREMANN:
I second Fox Creek Leather. They don't have a big selection like the MOCO but they are american made and are a very high quality leather.

www.FOXCREEKLEATHER.COM

Be Safe

THE DAWG

Midnight Rider:
Yea, they don't have quite the selection, but the quality is unreal!  I'm getting a patch sewn on the back of my Classic (the one with the belt..."traditional bad/ass style") by a local leather shop...I've known the guys for years and they'll do a great job.  I'm soon ordering one of their buffalo vests and a pair of chaps.  You can just pick the jacket up and know it's good...damn thing probably weighs 8 lbs, but the leather is thick, and they spare no expense in the manufacturing process...liner, vents, etc.  Have you checked out the Cruiserworks boots?  Truly waterproof leather boots...got me a pair of the Defenders...high quality there too!!  And very comfortable.  Customer service is outstanding!!  Now all I need is the bike    [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

http://www.cruiserworks.com/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version