Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: HID light upgrade  (Read 6681 times)

Tweet

• Tweet
  • 1K CVO Member
    • WY

• CVO1: 2011 FLTRUSE
Re: HID light upgrade
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2011, 11:58:37 AM »

Hello again!  I updated my original post with a picture of the headlight bucket.  Has anyone had a problem getting their HID lamps to fit in this style of socket?  If so, did you grind a flat on the bulb or grind out the flat spot on the bucket?
Just got the bike back together last night.  FYI, if want to install the Xtralights HID Bi-Zenon lights into the 2011 FLTRUSE, you will need to modify the HID light sockets the company sends you by grinding a flat on the bulb in the proper location.  I did this to both HID lights.  I did call Xtralights and ask them about this and after reviewing their bulbs and HD's headlight bucket for the RG, they agreed; they said it looks like HD had "modified" the headlight to prevent folks changing the halogen lamps out to HID.  Anyhow, it can be done with a Dremel tool and a little patience.  But be advised:  I can not adjust the headlights IAW the service manual!  The outer headlight bezel will not physically allow the headlights to be adjusted up to 2 inches below the horizontal; if you try to adjust it that high, you will either bust the green mounting clips or pop/break  the tabs out on the outer trim ring.  I haven't been able to ride the bike yet at night so I still don't know if the headlights are high enough to be effective.  I will update this when able.

Tweet 
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.113 seconds with 22 queries.