Custom Vehicle Discussions > Screamin' EagleĀ® Road GlideĀ®

loose triple tree???

(1/3) > >>

HEADPAN62:
every time I stop alittle hard on the front brake I can hear a (click) in the front end,I asumed it was a loose adjustment on the f.end so I disasembled the front end and checked adjustment and it was ok...It seems my top tree is clicking on the bottom tree stem..If I loosen the stem nut,you can see the top tree only moving and the stem is stationary...Egged out top tree???wrong adjustment nut??The bottom adjustment nut(under top tree) has a sleeve so the top tree countersinks into it..(maybe not machined to spec???) anyone else had this issue,thanks,,,headpan

arcticdude:
I've got the same issue with my DWG, though I've never figured out what it was.  INterested to see what you come up with.

mrigeo:
 [smiley=confused5.gif]
I'm interested in hearing what you find out. I just bought a 2001 SERG with 20k miles. great bike. Purchased from same dealer where I've bought other HDs. they did 20k service, including servicing the front end. I figured the noise is from either fork spring binding or a sticking fork seal. I haven't check the triple tree, but will now. Let us know what you find.

ride safe, ride often, ride far!

Scooterhair:
OK,
 Here is the fix. This is from two different Harley wrench's. Loosen the lower triple tree bolts. Then tighten the top nut to where your fall-away is about 2 to 2.5 inches. Yes it is over factory spec. but they say that's the fix that works.

Good luck

Scooter

HEADPAN62:
first thing I did scooter,,no help..

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version