Custom Vehicle Discussions > CVO™ Breakout™

Cvo Breakout Canada

(1/2) > >>

ATH:
Hello All,

I am new to this forum as well to riding. Have been years am dreaming of buying my first Harley and finally realized that am 33 years old and still dreaming. So said what the fu..k. Did my research for over a year now( regardless the research task of every year ending with no deal). Finally, i saw that picture of the CVO Breakout, which completely drove me crazy. I called the dealer here in Toronto. He gave me a price of 31000 Canadian Dollars + hst 13% plus insurance + plates a deal that will end up to 40000. Though, still i was so focused i reserved the bike. Later they announced that the price here in Canada is set to 30000 Dollars so i was really pissed off and cancelled the reservation. Which i really dont know yet whether this action is right or wrong. As i ended up calling all other dealers in Canada and none of them have one( each time listening to a long story about how HD is not repsecting the Canadian market like they do in the US. An unfair comparison for me as both markets can never be compared).

To conclude, i called a dealer in the US who has my request the black diamond color and i will be getting it in January. My questions are as follows:

1- the bike will cost me around 28000 USD in the US with another 10000 for transportation. Then HSTor GST at the Canadian borders no clue? Will i be after all of that still saving?
2- i already have a US citizenship so i am entitled to buy a new bike 'HD rules' from the US, but will Deely the dealer here in Canada honor the warranty as the bike is new not used?
3- Any recommendations on parts that i will need to buy from the US ? I am really new to this but have been reading in the forums that HD owners usually change some stuff once they buy a new bike?
4- From the forums i can tell that the Breakout production is delayed which have been confirmed by my dealer pushing the delivery date for one month. Is this still the case?

One final note i have been around reading your comments and conversations for the last year. Cant imagine that a bike introduced me to such great community and people am really proud even without yet having it. I wonder what will i feel after riding with some of you?

Thanks

rascal1007:

1 - You will have to pay the HST when the bike crosses the border, plus a brokerage fee if you get a Customs Broker do do the documentation for you.
2 - I have an 09 SERG and only went in for warranty work once - NO issues getting it done on warranty
3 - This is totally up to you
4 - I can't provide any info on this one !!

Welcome to the CVO Forum; there are a ton of great people here .... and a wealth of knowledge !!!!

dayne66:
http://www.riv.ca/ImportingAVehicle.aspx        good info right from the horse's mouth

HHP:
Welcome to the site from Germany.

porkypig:

1- the bike will cost me around 28000 USD in the US with another 10000 for transportation. Then HSTor GST at the Canadian borders no clue? Will i be after all of that still saving?

You must have one too many zeros in this post.  Otherwise, the answer to you from me would be,...............are you out of your mind, spending $10K for shipping????   

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version