Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Anyboby heard of this: Buying Harley Jackets wholesale from China  (Read 16886 times)

green machine

• 1K CVO Member
  • 2011 FLHXSE2

• CVO1: 2020 FLHXSE gray smoke/black hole
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHXSE dark slate candy/artic black
    • CVO3: 2011 FLHXSE kryptonite/black ice

Hey Gang, Has anyboby heard of this website:davidjacket.com?? It is a factory in China that makes some of the shirts and jackets for Harley, and sells them to the public for a fraction of the cost. Here is a quote from there website:  "Sunwang Industry Co., Ltd is a company dedicated to providing quality and an assorted variety of Harley-Davidson Clothing. At best prices in the wholesale market. Our harley davidson leather jackets are 100% genuine leather and high quality,they are the same as the items in Harley-Davidson store.Welcome to buy a sample order to check our quality first. We also have many name brands products in stock,We look forward to fulfilling all of your footwear & Garments wholesale needs while leading the way in Our industry." I've done some research and have found some people that have ordered and received their items and in a timely fashion. They state that even with shipping costs added, it is a lot less $$!! Just wondering if anyone among us has tried this. Thx

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
Re: Anyboby heard of this: Buying Harley Jackets wholesale from China
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2012, 07:52:39 PM »

Do yourself a favor and research that place before you visit or share any information with them.  According to the little bit of research I did on the 'net, it's a scam. They sell all kinds of counterfeit stuff including watches, not just Harley jackets, and are suspected of being a phishing site as well.  Try this one site for their rating of davidsjacket.com:   http://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/davidjacket.com    A thorough search will turn up plenty of other reviews.

Jerry

Oh, btw, the website isn't in China, it's in the Netherlands.
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

cahdbiker

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2012, 08:24:18 PM »

Greenmachine, love your bike. I have switched from leather for cooler riding to Dupont Cordura Cortech Jacket distributed by Tourmaster. It weights half as much as my winter leather jacket and has built in protection in the shoulders and arms, and a zip out thinsulate liner, but much to my dismay it is also made in China. I usually don't ride when it is less than 50 degrees, but even then the tourmaster jacket keeps me warm. On a more patriotic note I did purchase a new pair of Red Wing Safety Logger boots made in the USA. Steel Toe and shank and all american materials. I believe the part no. for them is 218.  Very pricy, but worth the money. They also have a china version for about half what I paid, but you can tell the difference at one glance. Sorry to get off subject. Again, great looking bike. CAHDBIKER

2009 SEUC just south of Point Mugu Ventura County, Ca.

grayghost731

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Built For ME! Love My Fatboy CVO

• CVO1: FLSTFSE Platinum Mist&Slate 102.81 HP 113.47 Torque
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2012, 08:03:00 AM »

Do yourself a favor and research that place before you visit or share any information with them.  According to the little bit of research I did on the 'net, it's a scam. They sell all kinds of counterfeit stuff including watches, not just Harley jackets, and are suspected of being a phishing site as well.  Try this one site for their rating of davidsjacket.com:   http://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/davidjacket.com    A thorough search will turn up plenty of other reviews.

Jerry

Oh, btw, the website isn't in China, it's in the Netherlands.

Just like a couple years ago the site was called buychinadirect.com someone from the cvo site put it out there  :confused5:

Quality of products was terrible  :nixweiss:   Beware of where your hard earned money goes  :huepfenlol2:

:apple: Red flags everywhere  :apple:

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2012, 08:46:14 AM »

If it sounds to good to be true......
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2012, 08:47:58 AM »

Need a nice Rolex?
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

Gearheadfmc

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2012, 03:39:44 PM »

I worked in China for 3 yrs. 

I saw tons of Harley clothing in every city..... all SECONDS, or MIS-CUT -- (like body of clothing too short for sleeves, or incorrect sewing).  Knowing that crowd over there pretty good, I would NOT GIVE A DIME without INSPECTING 100% OF ALL ITEMS!   No IFS, ANDS, or BUTS!  Even physical inspection is risky.

They will take any chance to sell you anything and lie without guilt or fear.

Only way to do it is find someone, develop a trust for 2 or 3 yrs and still no guarantee...!  Just the way it is!

That is my 2c......

guppytrash

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2012, 09:47:02 PM »

The Land of Not Quite right.  Looks like the real thing but not quite right.

kraut

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ride & Have Fun

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE4
    • Harley Café Dresden
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2012, 05:59:35 AM »

quite a number of people over here (Germany) until this summer bought from davidjacket.

Quality was just as good as the dealers offer, even close inspetion showed no difference, delivery prompt, no problems whatsoever reported.

But somewhen in summer the MoCo evidently went after davidjacket, first their products almost vanished from the internet, then German Customs started to seize the products, had them handed over to MoCo representatives and in the end the goods were confiscated without compensation as they were evidently produced under licence but their sale directly to European customers exceeded this licence.

So since about july this year at least German customers were effectively shied away from buying from davidjacket.
CU on the road, Hans

Ride & Have Fun

lynyrd1959

• CVO1: '13 Anniversary CVO Screamin'Eagle Ultra Classic
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2012, 09:08:03 PM »

I'd rather save my money for something well made in AMERICA. 
If you are buying from China or anywhere other than the USA, especially just to save $, then the old axiom applies;
"If I have to explain, you wouldn't understand."

dlaws01

• 1K CVO Member
  • Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulltion

• CVO1: 105th Anniversary FXSTSSE2
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2013, 09:38:57 PM »

If I want cheap Chinese junk, I'll get it from a reputable company, Harley Davidson.   :bananarock:
Jesus is Lord

hogasm

« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2013, 10:49:35 AM »

If I want cheap Chinese junk, I'll get it from a reputable company, Harley Davidson.   :bananarock:

:ROFLOL: :ROFLOL: :ROFLOL: Oh so true... but still :ROFLOL: :ROFLOL: :ROFLOL:

IRISHSE

• IRISH
  • Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLSTFSE2(SOLD)
    • CVO2: 2012 FLHTCUSE7
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2013, 11:50:23 PM »

That is funny!  I fell prey to the Chinese knockoff Harley crap.  Ordered a XL jacket and it was more like a 2XL fit was horrible and black on the leather was wearing off just during shipping.  Wouldn't waste my money as they aren't really much cheaper than the Actual Harley gear.

blacktop

• Senior CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2016 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2013 - Anniversary #674
    • CVO3: 2021 CVO Limited Bronze
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2013, 07:20:44 AM »

I just ordered a jacket from happarel.com - Heard some good things about them. Will see what the quality is like.

Page created in 0.218 seconds with 21 queries.